Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatic integration of "Latest News" via wordpress blog possible?

Hi everyone!

I'd like to put the latest 3 news-headlines of my wordpress-blog into a section of my startpage. These headlines should of course change there as soon as I change them in the blog.. automatically. Is that somehow possible?

Or if it doesn't work with wordblog(I don't have one yet but thought it would be a possible solution), any suggestions how I can handle this in another way?
    I don't want to do the news in WD because it takes such a long time to export and I can only update from my pc at home..
    And I'd like to have a news-archive as well.. with WD I'd have to update each seperately I think..

Cheers,
    Bernard
    www.chillheimer.de

Default Re: Automatic integration of "Latest News" via wordpress blog possible?

*bump*

anyone? would be really great if you could help me with this..
    www.chillheimer.de

Sorry I can't help much as I'm totally unfamiliar with WordPress, I assume it's a php based system which requires an SQL database of some kind.
    XWD hasn't been designed to connect to databases, but I guess it could display an RSS feed via a placeholder.

But I have to ask why? I mean, hasn't WP has been created for the purpose of an easy to update (from anywhere) personal blog?
    XWD has definitely not been designed for this.

hi sledger!
    thanks for your response.
    Why?
    Well, I'm making a site where I release my music and an information base about free music on the web. It already is pretty big (about 40 sub-pages) and will grow much bigger (100+sub-pages)
    Part of the whole story will be a news-service where I plan to put daily news about the musicbiz/web.
    I want all the most important things on the frontpage, to give an overview. So It'll be divided in 4 parts, one of them "latest news".
    In that section I want to have the latest 3 headlines of the blog (linking to the news on the blog, or even better: to the integrated into the xara-page blog-page
    I attached a little drawing what it looks like. The area at bottom right is what it's all about.

And I'd love to be able to update these news from everywhere easily without having to touch my xar-file.
    If I have to do it with WD, I can only do it from the machine at home.
    And there it already takes about 30 seconds until the site is exported. When it's finished it'll probably take +1min.. And then I'd have to upload everything everyday..

I'm sure there is a relatively easy way to do this..

btw: I don't need to use wordpress, it's just what looked the most promising to me.
    If there's anything else that works for what I'm planning, I'd be happy to go with that.

chilli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sitelayout.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	66011  
    www.chillheimer.de

chilli,

Yes, there are easier options, some already made for you, some that would require a little research on your part to put together. You can get a little bit of php code to read from a MySQL database and place the information on your page fairly easily, but you WILL have to know a little something about coding to understand it.

Whatever database reading you are going to do, you can simply create a placeholder and put your code in it. If you want that section to be able to scroll within the Xara page (so you don't have to worry about the xara page needing to grow), you can use a scrollable <div> in that placeholder. If you want to include the information from another page (preferably your own content), you can use an iframe in the placeholder.

Have a search around for iframe and you will likely find someplace to start. You can put whatever you want in an iframe, just be aware that the search engines may or may not index that stuff to your benefit.

Hope that helps.

yes that helps!
    thanks!
    I won't be able to do that on my own, but I'm sure the guys who buildt my last site will help me on this. they're already very happy how much I've done on my own thanks to xwd :
    www.chillheimer.de