Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export pages to bitmaps/ Export names of all pages at once??

Hi,

I'm making web mockups. In the olden days with Xtreme I used to lay out all the project's screen mockups on one huge page and had 'Exports' slices/names set to each view of the site. Exportin those named exports slices was easy, by SHIFT selecting them and pressing the Export button.

Now with Extreme Pro I've accustomed to using Xara's pages for each individual view (page) of the site. The advantage of this approach is that I can keep the ruler origin set to page's top left corner. Also exporting to PDF works better with pages, naturally.

But the disadvantage has been, that there is no way that I know of to export all the pages simultaneously to separate bitmaps.
    Also using named slices for each view of a site has it's limitations when it comes time to export them all at once, because all the other export slices than those on the current page cannot be exported at the same time.
    With this aproach I have to go through all the pages and export each page individually to a bitmap format.

Is there something I'm missing? If not, then I really hope this shortcoming will be addressed in a future patch or new version.

The new PSD export option exports all the pages with all the layers nicely into one PSD file. If that can be done then adding an option to export pages into separate flat PINGs should not be a great difficulty. Neither should be the option to allow exporting slices/names from all the pages at once be a big deal.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Markku; 22 February 2007 at 12:05 AM.

Default Re: Export pages to bitmaps/names from all pages??

Mark

Sorry - never noticed your question...

You ***can*** do what you want - simply name the elements for each page the same eg 'page1'.

Then open the Name gallery, selected Exports in the dropdown, click on the name, end then Export from the menu at the top.

The default is GIF, but you can change this to PNG or JPG.

Shif+click the names to export lots of pages.

This is how I do the buttons - each button has a background and some text, both elements have the name eg button_checkout, then when I export it goes together to make button_checkout.gif.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nameexport.gif 
Views:	196 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	35331  
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Your referring to a situation when all your exports are on one (1) Xara page, but that does not apply here. (This may be due to my initial post being bad English)

Imagine ten (10) actual Xara pages each of which should be exported at one go. How do you do that?

By named objects? No, because you cannot select names from any other page than the current one.

I really hope that I'm just thick here and that you have a solution so please instruct me once again.

Aah... too many 'pages' - I misunderstood. Sorry. I don't have an answer to your actual question. Maybe someone at Xara will comment.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

That's ok and thanks for trying to help.

I've found three threads asking this same question, so I'm pasting a easy solution I've been using for years. Excuse the references to another thread:

This is a 2007 thread but anyone searching the archives should check out SnagIt -- a perfect answer for Wizaerd's inquiry. SnagIt ($49.95) is a screen capture tool on steroids from TechSmith, the makers of Camtasia. I use it many times a day and it is a great complement to XX.

For Wizaerd's issue, SnagIt works like a virtual printer (just like Acrobat Distiller) that outputs any raster file format you want. Go to File > Print, then set the Printer Properties the way you want: file format, resolution, etc. You can also assign how each page is named automatically: Wizaerd_page01.jpg, for example.

Note: the output are full pages; some cropping of white area may be needed depending on your project.

SnagIt does 99 other time-saving things. I highly recommend it to anyone working with images. Get the trial. I have no financial interest; just want the forum to know of a great tool.

Enjoy,
    Dave
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation