Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: White lines on print?

Have you tried this Printer Option configuraton?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Print Options.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	65645  

Quote Originally Posted by southwestg View Post
    Anyone have the same issue?
    Yes and I thought I responded in post#6 with what fixes it (for me) - give it a try, up to you though

I tried all of the following steps with the exception of making size and position whole numbers. If I were to do this, it would greatly limit design and once again, add a step that should not be taken. One reason Xara is better than Adobe is ease and speed.

Still got the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes I have come across this before.
    First you appear to have used synthesized bold/italic variant fonts, I would correct this.
    I would also change your page units to mm rather than inches, set grid major and subdivision. The turn on grid snapping and make sure your objects are sized and position at whole numbers. No decimal points.
    Then printing should be fine.

This worked like a champ!!!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Have you tried this Printer Option configuraton?

Still got the lines..

The raster process which ocurrs when you print has to round-up to a whole pixel. Becuase your positioning and sizing might not be a whole pixel (and you can't print ½ a pixel) Xara uses some anti aliasing/interpolation to make up the difference.
    You can also drop the quality slider down a notch as this often helps too.

I appreciate that. And I have now complied with your directions which achieved the desired result. But I am still confused; If you notice, nothing else on the document has whole decimals so why would just one text streak thin lines? And just aroud the shadow box? And only some of the time? And only on text?

The raster process which ocurrs when you print has to round-up to a whole pixel. Becuase your positioning and sizing might not be a whole pixel (and you can't print ½ a pixel) Xara uses some anti aliasing/interpolation to make up the difference.
    You can also drop the quality slider down a notch as this often helps too.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 September 2009 at 05:23 PM.

Because the shadows are not vectors but bitmaps which have a rectangular bounding area (shown by the lines) and at the same time there is a relationship to the the text which as a font is using dpi (logical inch) measurements. Which is why converting text to shapes works better.
    It's a bit complicated (for me) to explain totally - but I know it's cropped up as an issue for me and I've gotten around it..
    It's quite possibly a programming anomaly (aka: bug) which Xara may very well be aware of.

Thanks for your insight!

Because the shadows are not vectors but bitmaps which have a rectangular bounding area (shown by the lines) and at the same time there is a relationship to the the text which as a font is using dpi (logical inch) measurements. Which is why converting text to shapes works better.
    It's a bit complicated (for me) to explain totally - but I know it's cropped up as an issue for me and I've gotten around it..
    It's quite possibly a programming anomaly (aka: bug) which Xara may very well be aware of.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 September 2009 at 05:22 PM.