Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Placeholder problem

I donīt know what they did. They just send me back this image asking for corrections. What makes it annoying is that i canīt test it myself...can you?

Nat

No I can't. The content is generated by the serverside script which I don't have of course.
    So it was the file that I gave you? I'll take a look at it. Perhaps I'll find something.
    John.

Hello John,
    Iīve just had a phone call with one the programmers and they said that they didnīt change the html code. All they did was inserting Ajax into the table inside the placeholder. The guy said that he wondered why the placeholder had a fixed size in the code. Well, i donīt know. Maybe you find a solution. What is positive is the fact that the page grows vertically... only the footer doesnīt.

Nat

The placeholder has always a fixed size. But there is a script that resizes the placeholder as desired when page is opened by the browser.
    I'll check what could possibly go wrong with a footer.
    John.

Hi John,

did you find why the footer doesnīt move? Iīve examinded the site again and canīt find any explanation. Everything is exactly like in the tutorial.

Nat

It's hard to say anything definitive without being able to test it. When I place my dynamic conten on the design that I gave you, the footer moves down.
    Although I have found one spelling mistake (my mistake) and a bit wrong layers order.
    So, here's the improved version. Don't change layers order. Your working layer is MouseOff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.

Thanks a lot John. Of course i will not change the layer order, only adding a jpg to the mouse off layer...hope this wonīt affect anything. Iīll tell you if it works after getting a response from the programmers.

Nat

Hello John,

this time the response came quickly. It still doesnīt work, though iīve sent the improved version2 without changing anything. The only difference to the former design is that now the text is moved forward. Take a look at screenshot. Where might be the problem?
    Nat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test4.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	65609  

It looks like it doesn't even resize the page now.
    The text is in front because I had changed layers order to avoid content being covered by the footer.
    But I can't figure out why it doesn't work in this case.
    Perhaps it has something to do with the content generated by the server size script. I don't know.
    As I say - this same page works well with the dynamic content that I had used for the test.
    John.

Hello John,

you might be interested to know, that the problem was solved. I think this is interesting for most people who are interested in the dynamic page tweak.

It looks as if the activated Javascript functions which let the page adapt to a new size when a page is reloaded can also work with Ajax.
    Only one function pageLoad () must be added to the JavaScript, this is apparently always executed by ASP.Net AIAX FRAMEWORK when content about AIAX FRAMEWORK is updated or reloaded.

Enclosed the accordingly changed part of the HTML file. It works with or without Ajax.
    However that clip Property from the style "xr_xr" of container DIV had to be dequeued. This has contained in spite of update still the old entries and has not enlarged the visible area.

var my_d_oldload = window.onload;
    window.onload = pageLoad;

function pageLoad()
    {
    my_d_load();
    }

Thanks again for your help.

Nat