Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Alignments with/without lines

Yeah, Egg. I use the Scale Line Widths button all of the time when, uh, reducing or enlarging objects. Sometimes I want the line widths scaled up or down and other times I want them to remain unchanged. Honestly, I never thought about using the Scale Line Widths feature in any other way. You've opened my eyes to new and easier possibilities. I had to do some further research and test it out.

From the Xara Xtreme help file:
    Snapping and line widths

The scale line widths control on the Selector Tool InfoBar also controls whether snapping should be to the edge of the outline of the object or to the actual center line.

Not only does Scale Line Widths affect Object Alignment but it also controls the snapping of objects to other objects including grids and guide lines.

Definitely a EUREKA! moment for me,
    Harry
    Last edited by HayTay; 08 September 2009 at 02:34 AM.

Hi Harry, I try and do EUREKA! moments every Eon or so.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Not only does Scale Line Widths affect Object Alignment but it also controls the snapping of objects to other objects including grids and guide lines.
    @ld!%&*... So THAT'S what the problem's been! ...and I was blaming XX and cussing them the whole way!

SHAME on me!
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!