Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Palettes in Extreme4

Hello

I used to use a custom template that loaded a custom palette for use in Xara.
    I have had to reinstall Xara Extreme4 and find that this template loads just a basic palette.
    I remade the template using the custom palette and saved the document as a template, but it has not saved the custom palette. Has the former ability been lost?
    I also find that older documents that contained the custom palette also just load the basic one, after going through the motions of loading the full palette.

I have used Xara from the Xara Studio beta days, but have not used it a great deal lately.

Mike Engles
    Last edited by mikeengles; 30 August 2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Amendment

Default Re: Palettes

In the color gallery, right-click your custom palette and select 'Show in color line'. Then go to File>>Save Template

Default Re: Palettes in Extreme4

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I had an inkling that the colour gallery had something to do with it and was just about to have a look, but decided to see if I had a reply. What I cannot understand is why if I create a custom template, with a specific palette, why it is not loaded. That is the point in making a template.

Thanks again

Mike Engles

Quote Originally Posted by mikeengles View Post
    What I cannot understand is why if I create a custom template, with a specific palette, why it is not loaded. That is the point in making a template.
    Hi Mike,

It is loaded when saved as described in my previous post.
    However, if you want it to load as your default template each time you open Xtreme or select 'New' - then when you save as template, you need to make sure you have placed a tick in the box which says 'Use as default template'

You may also want to uncheck the Remove unused colors when saving and loading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Options_colours.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	65333  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I don't think that affects page templates Bill, only saved and loaded drawings.

Hello

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did have a fiddle and managed to make a template that is like my old one.

Mike Engles