Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there any flash slide show created with XWD, not Extreme Pro?

Hi,

I have a problem with creating fade-in fade-out flash slide show in XWD. There is a Guest Tutorial 71. However, it is given for Xara Extreme Pro, which is different from XWD. I have tried to apply those instructions in XWD, but I could not find the instructed menus in XWD.
    Is there any instruction set for fade-in fade-out anywhere, which is written solely for XWD?

Thanks.

Default Re: Is there any flash slide show created with XWD, not Extreme Pro?

kutay,
    I don't have a tut, but I have had trouble in the past with creating fade in fade out in flash. What I discovered I had been missing was the name each and every object that you're going to have fade in and fade out. So, be sure you have clicked on the flash name tag icon at the top of your menu and name each object individually.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 28 August 2009 at 10:50 PM.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Thanks for your answer RonDuke.
    Let's say, I have three photographs named sd1.jpg, sd2.jpg and sd3.jpg. How can I create the fade out/in slide show? I really need some help from experts. It is very complicated to create it with the help of the guide 71 explained for Extreme Pro because of the difference between it and the XWD. It would be very helpful if someone could write the step-by-step instructions for Web Designer.

Before putting a flash animation in your website, you'll need to create the animation in a separate Xara file.

Open xara. Open new animation. Import your jpegs. One at a time name your jpegs with the names gallery.

Select your first jpeg and position it on your page as a starting point. Later, you will be positioning your other pics in the same x,y position when you come to that part.

With your first pic in place, go to the frame gallery and select the first frame and hit copy. Select the pic on the copied frame (frame 2) and give it a 100% flat transparency.

Copy frame 2, (now your on frame3) and move your next pic from your selection to the same x,y position as your first pic. Give it a 100% transparency.

Copy frame 3, (now you have frame 4) and with your cursor highlight the transparent pic, then remove the transparency.

Do the same with the last pic. Reference the file I already uploaded to view what I did if you get confused.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Hi kutay,

First it's called 'Xtreme' not Extreme
    Secondly I personally suggest that you forget XWD or Xtreme flash creation tools and use the right tool made for the job.

The freeware version does have a 'Powered By' screen at the finish.
    Though the professional version is very reasonably prices and adds advanced features.

Hi Kutay

I just tried the tutorial on WD and it is practically the same.
    Some suggestions:
    Always use selector tool when dealing with photos.
    Do file - page options and change page size to photos size.
    When pasting photos make sure position of X & Y = 0
    Make sure EACH frame is displayed for 2.0 seconds.

Here is the pdf that is included at the end of the tutorial for easy printing.