Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: pop up photo behavior please help

Quote Originally Posted by Eyescream View Post
    Sledger, I cannot offer a .web, not on the right computer that has the program.
    Could you not use a USB flash drive and transfer the .web file to the PC you use to post your questions?

It's difficult to answer you with any accuracy if we are just stabbing in the dark.
    Please help us help you.

I right-clicked to 2 icons (2 women, and earrings). I show 2 files there; in the center is a 91x91px jpg, and at the bottom of the icon is a 207x69px png. My guess is your scroll work that's below and between the icons is covering up part of them. The scrollwork has the same filename as right-clicking the bottom area of the icons.

I just did a test on the live site. By clicking and dragging the thumbnail image to see if anything came with it or was covering the image (like a transparency).
    What I found was I may have placed the Scroll work that was seperating the image sections Layer Above/atop the thumbnail layer. Not that it was covering the thumbnail. But I think because Part of the .png or .gif scroll work image layer partially goes atop or at least the layer is above it. It sort of IS behind a layer that may be a transparent part of the .png image. I hadn't thought of that modifying the behavior of the thumbnail in any way since I couldn't physically see anything on top of it.

I would not have thought of this had you not brought it to my attention about 'a transparency'. Which I knew I did not have, but forgot about part of the transparent aspect of the image. Anywho... I will investigate this further and see if I can correct it.
    I think I will have to set the scrollwork layer behind or underneath the thumbnails... and am sure this should free up the rest of the space inside the thumbnail for it to work properly. Phew. so many simple things my brain has a hard time being so close and involved in the work, i missed a basic thing. Ah well, best to get it now before I started adding a WHOLE gallery's worth of products.

thanks again for your thoughts.

haha Jim, I didn't see your 2nd post explaining the same thing I concluded till after I posted. Thanks for your time. Just glad to have more then one eye on the situation.

thanks for all the help. Fixed! Scroll images were partially on top of thumbnails causing only partial clickable area as a result of layer order. Will be something to think about while designing the rest of the gallery. Glad to have caught it now.
    thanks again all.

Glad you have it sorted.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update