Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New User Quieries

Hi, I purchased this program earlier this month, after a friend in the US told me about it. I have had a lot of fun with it thus far, but have a couple of issues I need answers to and since I cannot log in to support for some reason I thought I might ask them here.

First issue is that I keep having to reinstall the program, due to an error message I get when I load it up.

Second, Why do I get invalid username or password when trying to log in to the Xara support service?

Third, is why are the Frames options grayed out? I am trying to do inline frame from an aStore website into my main site. How do I go about integrating this site into my website? Can it be done?

My site is not uploaded as yet, but as soon as I know if this is possible or not it will be launched.

Looking forward to a response

Voxy Lady
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 August 2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Removed Commercial Link in post and signature - please read the rules

Default Re: New User Quieries

Welcome to the Forum VoxyLady,

Talkgraphics are unable to help with Xara account login problems, for help please contact Xara Accounts directly

Which program have you purchased?

Please tell us what the error message is that appears each time you start the program.

Which 'Frames' option are you referring to that is greyed out? Can you attach a screenshot of this?

I have removed all commercial links from your post and signature, please see the forum rules regarding this.

Default Re: New User Queries

Hi sledger,

Thanks for the welcome. I used the link you posted to log in to Xara account directly, seem to get me a lot closer to logging into my account, so thank you.

I am not sure the exact error message wording, but it requires a reinstall to get it working again. I will make a note of it and let you know if it happens again. I hit the update option in help yesterday so hopefully that would have sorted out the problem.

I posted this query in the Xara Web Designer thread, sorry I didn't mention that I purchased the Web Designer software

I am trying to embed the website I posted into my website so that customers can don't have to leave my site to browse through the product categories. After I set up my aStore I was directed to a page where it said that one could use inline frames or iframes to do this. When I look in utilities then galleries the frame gallery is grayed out, and on the tool bar between Layer Gallery and bitmap gallery it is grayed out as well.

I apologise for the link & signature insertion. This will be revised.

I have copied the text and images of what I am trying to do. See Examples below:
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Embed your aStore using an inline frame

An inline frame is a great way to embed your aStore into any existing or new page on your Web site. This method of embedding your aStore will appear to your visitors as if the aStore is part of your site and enable them to shop without leaving your site.

1. Create a new page or select the existing page on your site into which you would like to embed your aStore.
    2. Select Embed your aStore using an inline frame in the above Get Link form.
    3. Click the Highlight HTML button and copy the selected code.
    4. Then paste the code into the HTML of the page you selected in step 2.
    5. Add a "Store" link to your site's main navigation that links to the page containing your aStore.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Integrate your aStore using a frameset

Frame your aStore into your Web site using a frameset by placing your aStore in one frame and your Web site's navigation in another frame. This method of embedding your aStore will also appear to your visitors as if the aStore is part of your Web site and enable them to shop without leaving your site.

1. Select Integrate your aStore using a frameset in the above form to view sample frameset code with you store's URL already placed into one of the frames.
    2. Create a new frameset page using the code sample provided above or any custom frameset that better fits the structure of your Web site.
    3. Place your site's navigation in one of the frames and your aStore URL in another frame.
    4. Add a "Store" link to your site's main navigation and link it to the new frameset you just created.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Please let me know if this explains my query.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ins-thu-gl-iframe.gif 
Views:	108 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	64852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ins-thu-gl-frameset.gif 
Views:	102 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	64853  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen dump of grayed out Frames Gallery.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	64854  

Hi VoxyLady,

The Frames Gallery is available when using the animation tools for building a .gif animations or a flash movie.
    It is not related to inline frames or html framesets used in HTML editors.

As far as your astore is concerned, yes this can be done in a similar way as explained by your own pasted instructions.

In Web Designer you simply draw a rectangle shape to use as a placeholder to which you then insert your <iframe> code vie Web Properties>>Placeholder>>Replace with HTML Code.

eg:
    <iframe name=astore src=url to store width=100% height=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0></iframe>

Iframes have been discussed often and you will find further examples of iframe usage via a forum search.

Thanks sledger,

Thank you for your prompt response. I will endeavor to work on this over the weekend.

As a new user of this type of web design program, I realise, I have quite a lot to learn, so I will be a frequent and avid reader of the forum posts.

I am sorry I posted the question before searching the forum, but as I do not have the privilege of being at my PC as much as I'd like, due to a full time job, I figured the quickest and most accurate answer would come from asking the question.

Many thanks
    Voxy Lady

Unhappy Re: New User Quieries

Hi again sledger,

I have the error again when loading Xara Web Designer. I have taken a screen dump, which I will attach. Hope you can provide a solution to this issue as it is quite frustrating having to install it over and over again.

Regards
    Voxy Lady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Error - Could Not Be Started 23-08-09.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	65060  

First I suggest you re download the setup file as you may have a slightly corrupted installation file.

If the problem continues, I suggest you check your Hard drive for malware and also schedule a scandisk (Computer >> Drive properties >> Tools >> Error-checking) then restart your PC to begin the scandisk process