Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default invisible image still outputs to web

Hi all, just a small prob here. i have a image which is called image1 that is not visible on my site but still appears in my site folder after i export it. anyway of removing it so i can keep my site as small as possible.

my file is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: invisible image still outputs to web

Looks to me as if image1.png is in use

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	65011

What you need to do is to go through all imported .png's and tell Xara to export them as .jpg

Select image on page goto: Web Properties>>Image[tab] Select 'JPEG' (best for Photos)

Currently they are being exported as PNG which will make your site slower and larger than it might otherwise be.

I have deleted every image i can find, but that image1 is still there when exporting, please can you find it and remove it somehow cause i have now tried everything to get rid of it. thank-you

web file is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry Haans, when I export the image is not there.

Have a look in the folder that you saved the Photofixit site 2 .web file to for a subfolder called Photofixit site 2

This is Xara's 'cache' folder for placeholder imported images (Replace with graphics file.)

When you export your site, Xara uses the cache folder for some resources. I suspect this is what's happening at your end.
    Just delete that folder and all should be fine.

yay, thanks so much sledger. that worked a treat.