Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Loading Bar

Default Loading Bar

How would you set up a loading bar when a link to a new page is selected? I've attached what I've come up with so far.

I was using this tut as a guide: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_3.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 20 August 2009 at 05:09 PM.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Loading Bar

Ron

Why do you need a loading bar (I assume you mean those Flash speedometers that show the percentage of the page that has loaded).

These are used mainly when someone has a very large page that is going to take some time to load. Are you doing something really grand or do you just want the effect?

Like the buttons a lot. I'd make the text on the mouse off versions darker, like 20-30% black. Then white on mouse over.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 August 2009 at 09:37 PM.

Just trying out various effects.

Xara's Facebook

Well, you can't break it. :-)

OK I see what you are having a problem. Your mouse over buttons can link to a page (as they are now) or to the popup layer. Not both.

If you put your mouse over state buttons on the popup layer along with your placeholder and link these buttons to the pages and have the mouse off buttons link to the pop up layer I think it may work.

Yep that works.

But the speedometer is just a flash animation and not really a speedometer. I placed a large photo on the page and loaded the page and the speedometer was the same speed as just the buttons.

Nuts. It's not working for me. Please check out what I'm doing wrong. I placed the mouseover buttons on the same layer as the loading bar swf placeholder and assigned the proper links to each button. I then changed the mouseoff buttons to do nothing on the link page and on the mouseover page I selected show mouseover on pop up layer.

It doesn't work for me.??? Maybe I don't understand your instructions above. I've read them numerous times, so I think I must be thick in the head.(no surprise there)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 21 August 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Xara's Facebook

From what you said, Ron, you have to link all of the mouse off buttons to the layer with the placeholder.

Once your visitor is on this layer with the speedometer bar, she or he can click the buttons (on the popup layer) to go to the the other pages.

Ok, I can see the bar now on mouseover, but all the buttons light up at the same time and the bar shows inconsistently. I would like the bar to show only on click of the mouse, not on mouseover.

Xara's Facebook

Try linking on the Links tabbed section to that layer and not on the Mouse-over tabbed section.

no success. must be a limitation in the program. I've tried all kinds of linking and mouseovers but no combo seems to work.

Xara's Facebook