Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme drawing- commercial use

Hi!
    I took the Gel button from the Xara Xtreme Example drawings, and added some text to it.
    I wanted to know if I can use it for commercial uses, in a program I am developing.

Does someone know if I can use it?
    Thanks!
    Amitai Rosenberg

Default Re: Xara Xtreme drawing- commercial use

Yes, if you have purchased Xtreme then you can use any of the included graphic samples with commercial purpose.
    John.

Thanks. Another question on the Gel button: How do I change it's color?
    Amitai Rosenberg

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Amitairos,

Look in your color bar (bottom of the screen) for named colors. For the button you should see something named Button Color 1 or Theme Color 1 or something like those names. You can right click on the named color in the color bar and choose Edit Color from the menu and simply change the parameters of the color until it is one that you want to use. For buttons, remember that they usually have 2 and sometimes 3 states (mouse off, mouse over and mouse down) that all may have different colors. You will want to change the colors for each state that the button has.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Open Colour Gallery. You'll find a color called "Theme Color 1". Edit this color (Edit button in the Colour Gallery).
    John.

I can't find that color.
    Amitai Rosenberg

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Amitair,

When you have the drawing open with the button, you should look at the Color Gallery and look for any color named something other than a simple color name (i.e. so not something named 'light blue 2' or 'violet 4') When you find something named something else, that is probably your named color. Then just edit the color as described earlier and you should be fine. If you don't find a named color then write back and we will see from there.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

I opened the Gel.xar drawing. but I can't find any named colors that they made.
    Amitai Rosenberg

give me a moment to boot up my computer that has Xara on it and I will take a closer look.
    My Club. My Album.

Where did you find "gel.xar"?
    The Gel button from the Designs gallery is represented by "GelButtonFixed.xar" or "GelButtonStretchy.xar".
    Besides you don't have to open these files by double clicking, just drag and drop the Gel button from the Designs gallery to your document and you'll see the "Theme Color 1" color added to your palette and color gallery.

Edit: Oh, I see you are talking about examle drawings. Sorry, didn't noticed this before. The example gel.xar has a lot of named colors for every of the gel buttons (it has 4 of them) included. They are edited the same way. To find out which color to edit, select the button and the used color will be highlighted on the color bar.
    Also you can change the color used in the button as it consists of several shapes.
    Last edited by covoxer; 18 August 2009 at 08:59 AM.
    John.