Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Lost mouseover effect on buttons

Guidance please - I'm working on my first site with embedded video. I made a placeholder and inserted the html to play the .flv file and that worked fine - my problem was that the thumbnails that were placed vertically on the page now were obscured by the video file when they popped up (using the popup photo option)
    I changed the thumbnails to instead be popup layers and created new layers to position the enlarged photos where I wanted them, - but again they were obscured by the flv file - I tried using the arrange menu on the layers to move the enlarged photos to the front - and that's when I seem to have lost the mouseover effects to all my buttons. I've since moved the enlarged photos on their layers to space below the video player window (not what I wanted) but can't get my button mouseover functionality back.
    I read Nickydude's Xara Web Designer Community Guide, and played with the code he suggests to make the video player transparent so pictures could show "in front" of the player in that space - but the suggested code alterations were radically different than what mine were and I chickened out. I've attached (I hope) my .web file and a link to the draft site where the page is hosted - any and all help is appreciated......(it won't attach because the .web file is 60.2 MB - I'm open to suggestions on what I can do to downsize it so I can attach it)
    http://www.petermacinnes.741.com/pfgs/index.htm

Default Re: Lost mouseover effect on buttons

Hi Peter, I've had this problem (lost mouse-over effect) before. I found that I was using a beveled border and this was above the mouse over layer. The beveled border all be it mostly transparent, had the effect of placing a full bitmap over the buttons and therefore, although visible, became non functioning. I notice you've got a border on the site. Try moving it backwards and see how that helps.

By the way, I only get audio in the flv.

Do Canadians pronounce "goalie" as goolie?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Talking Re: Lost mouseover effect on buttons

Many Thanks Egg - I've watched your videos more than I can count and am grateful for your work. We Canadians (between chugs of beer) pronounce it
    "go lee"
    I'm not sure why you just got audio - I'd played it on Chrome FF3.5, IE7 and Safari....??? Can you share some wisdom on how I might make the pop ups appear in front of the .flv?
    I'm going to start from scratch as I just today installed my newly arrived 5.0 version of Extreme Pro and would be most grateful for tips to minimize the frustration....keep enjoying responsibly