Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default GUI Web interface

hi,
    Here is my attempt at a GUI interface for Website...just a prototype..kinda..
    interface3.xar
    Comments welcome I think..

Default Re: GUI Web interface

There are some interesting elements here. There are a few anamolies as well. For example, if you hover over the About button, or somewhere near that, there is a trigger on mouseover of the menu that goes out to the right. Another: When you click one of the Button(1,2,3) at the bottom, it's impossible to tell which one you've clicked to give the drop down below. Would be good if the drop downs took on some part of the orange button looks and the pressed button could also change to indicate where you are. The three buttons have slightly different-sized texts and the one to the left is blue where the others are black. This adds to the overall confused feeling here.

There's also a little confusion for me with the mixing of two very different types of elements: the wood-carved look, and the high-techie look. Obviously, this is a style observation and only opinion.

I like the round menu idea and the wires/tubes going into some "device". I also like woodgrain stuff. I'm just not sure how I feel about them together

Hope that helps.

Hi,
    thanks for the comments and suggestions, it was a design change constantly with buttons and textures couldn't make a decision on which to go by and I guess some of the textures got intermingled.
    all criticism is welcome and I shall work on them.
    I have 3 or 4 designs going and not really finishing any, but thought I'd put one out for input.
    Jim

Scotty, once again I like your interface. I'd like to see more of your work.