Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Color Seperation in PDf Files: wrong

Sorry - saw the updated thread, didn't notice that some of the comments were old and that it just got tacked onto yesterday...maybe someone can use the informaton.

Default Re: Color Seperation in PDf Files: wrong

Meanwhile I made some further testing and I know that my files are basically correct. The wrong colors only appear in Acrobat (8.1.5) when the XaraPDF is the first file I open in Acrobat. If I check an InDesign-PDF/X-file before I open the XaraPDF, Acrobat gives me the right colors for both PDFs. I think Acrobat has problems to understand the color-profile-definition provided by Xara. As with most communication-problems, it's not so easy to know who is to blame.

I contacted Xara-Support and they could reproduce my described problem when exporting as US Web Coated Swop but could not reproduce this with FOGRA27.

I know that FOGRA27 is out of date and normally I use ISOcoated (v.2 / ECI). Unfortunately Xara doesn't offer this profile. For my next print job I will add and embed this profile (Advance Options - Pre-Press-Tab Custom). Although it makes the file larger everything works fine.