Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouseover effects in Flash

Is it at all possible to create mouseover effects on an animation that is "looping" already? In my file the last frame (ex. frame 9) has the "gotoFrame#" command, say to frame 6 for example. So the buttons would appear at frame 6 and remain there thru 9. Is there any way to add mouseovers to those buttons at the same time?

Default Re: Mouseover effects in Flash

could you attach your xar or web file please?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here we go. Hopefully isn't too big, seemed to take a bit longer to upload.

I would like to "popup" (or animate some other way) both Enter buttons -- frames 9-12 -- on mouse over, but don't know that that's possible with the animation already going. Hopefully that makes some sense!

I do realize there are quite a few errors on export (and on screen, although all works fine), I do hope to completely redo it, it's not really what I originally had in mind!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I should mention- I probably could add 2 more flash files on top, each with one of the buttons. I could just add the proper "delay" time (about 9 seconds I think) before they appear, but that might pose two more problems: 1. A possible longer download time????? and 2. There's that annoying little dashed box that is exported with every .swf (only when the flash is clicked on of course). Not the best looking.
    Is that idea way off maybe?

I believe that's the best idea. As you state you can't do anything about the annoying dashed rectangle, you'll just need to live with it.

Trying to animate several things at once and keeping them smooth is a big problem if your using XX or WD for creating your swf's.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Then that will be my answer......
    I know WD isn't the best flash creator out there, but it works (for the most part!) decent for me, so I'll try to make do.
    Thanks for the advice Egg!

Hi meltsner,
    I'd like to know how you made those effects on letters. I'm a new XWD user.
    Thanks.

VF

Hi VF --
    I'll be glad to. I just don't know if this is the correct way to do something like this, it's the only way I've found -- if someone has some tips/another idea, I'd appreciate it!
    First off, I'm only assuming you mean the bar that "wipes" across both logos in the last frames.

Here's how I did mine:
    1. Brought in the logo to be "wiped" over and duplicated it on top of itself.
    2. Drew a box with the SAME color as the page background (so it won't be seen), selected it AND one of the logos, then Arrange --> Combine shapes --> Slice (cut) shapes. The box has to be bigger than the logo, enough room for the "wiper bar" to slide across within it, from one end of the logo to the other. Also, on one animation I did, it created a filled duplicate of the logo, I just deleted it. Now we have a complete REVERSE logo (i.e. the logo is not filled, transparent).
    3. Inside this box, I drew another thin vertical box (slanted if so desired), then filled it solid white, and applied a LINEAR transparency to it. The two outer handles are 100%, and the middle handle can be somewhere under 50% or so. In my attached example it's 12%. Depends on the "brightness" you want. Also, give this box a name of course so you can animate it!
    4. If not layered properly already, send the original logo to the BACK, the "mask" (step 2) to the TOP, and the "wiper" to the middle, which should disappear until you move it over the logo.
    5. Copy the frame and move the bar to the other side. Preview!

That's the best way I think I can describe it. I attached a simpler sample, hopefully it can explain itself. Hope this helps, if you have any questions on it I'll try to answer!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Brother,
    That's a cool effect.