Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Moving objects between layers in XXP5

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    XXPro5:

see attached - the selected objects are highlighted in the 2 layers - rightclick on one of the highlights in the gallery and select 'move to current layer' - all will move
    Oh, that's excellent!! I had not figured out that I could select objects from the work area (not from the Gallery thumbnails), then right-click any one of them in the Gallery to move them to current layer.

This is exactly the simple, intuitive method I was struggling to find. The right click replaces the Move button. I can live with that. Kudos to handrawn!!
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation

I forget who told me.. but if I remember I'll pass on the thanks.. always glad to help
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

hi, I am having a bit of trouble with the new object gallery..how do you manage to select objects on different layers at the same time. Then shift to a new layer that is supposed to be active. I seem to be only able to select objects on one page as soon as I try to shift select to another page everything de-selects. I can't seem to do what is written below...thanks tj

'see attached - the selected objects are highlighted in the 2 layers - rightclick on one of the highlights in the gallery and select 'move to current layer' - all will move'

Hi Tao

regarding multiple selections - need to do this in the workspace not the gallery AFAIK - they will then highlight in the gallery as shown

not used XXP5 on multi page documents much myself [don't do HTML export]

my example was for use within the one page

if there is a way of selecting items on a page which does not contain the active layer, I have not sussed it yet - perhaps you can only have one page active at a time?

guess on that basis I would create a dummy layer in the active page with selections, and right click move to there - then you can cut and paste in place to the other page layer

bit of a drag - hopefully some other member has a better way....

EDIT - YOU NEED TO SET THE ACTIVE LAYER BEFORE YOU SELECT THE OBJECTS IN THE WORKSPACE - this may be what you meant at the beginning of your post?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks HD, because I do a lot of CD booklets I must have had a bit of confusion between pages and layers. When I looked at your diagram I was presuming you were moving between pages and selecting on separate pages. tj