Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy PSPX2 Screwed up Royal

I'm running XP SP 3, 3 gigs ram, 100 gig free hard disk space.

Recently when I click on Paint Shop Pro2 Icon the hour glass comes up for several moments ( like it's loading ) then nothing. Several clicks and nothing.

Yesterday this symptom started happening to several programs, they will not load. Hour glass then nothing.

Then I found that yes they are loading, invisibly, as a Process and not as an application.

In the windows Task Manager instead of being listed in applications they are under processes, an iteration for every click.

I've removed and reloaded PSP twice. Loaded PSPXI and PSPX, all the same results. I down loaded Photo Shop Elements 7 (trial) and it runs. MSIE 8 will run once and then same symptoms. And AOL, rock steady, go figer.

I've run Norton 360, AdAware, SpyBot, Anti-MalWare

UniBlu and ccleaner on registry

All my photo work as well as other things have come to a halt, because I cannot use my programs.

Please e-mail me direct errolgibbsaol.com

And if you ask me to reply. give me an address that doesn't go to a dead mail account.

Vaya Con Dios
    Errol M. Gibbs
    IP

Default Re: PSPX2 Screwed up Royal

Hi Errol
    Welcome to the forums.

Firstly let me clear up the last request of a personal email for your support - it won't happen I'm afraid. This forum is for helping and sharing with others. Personal private help is not in the spirit of a community. I hope you understand.

As to your PC issues - my first honest reaction would be to dump Norton 360.
    Using multiple registry cleaners or performance 'boosters' over and over again can do more damage than good. Stick to one (I like ccleaner) but try not to run it too often.

I have to say, in spite of the anti-malware software you have mentioned , it does sound to me like your PC might be infected. I would advise either taking it to a professional or if you like you could use the Trinity Rescue Kit to scan your system from a Linux Boot CD.
    IP

Talking Solution Norton 360 dun it!

Found this ( glad not virus, unhappy with Norton 360 )

http://tinyurl.com/mle38h

Vaya Con Dios
    Errol M. Gibbs
    IP