Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Too much space at the bottom

I've been working on a page for a few weeks and all was well. Now suddenly when I view my page, I have a ton of extra space at the bottom in the background color, and I can't get rid of it, or figure out where it came from. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated before I have to start over and build it again.

view it at www.fishermensfriend.com/SSMWEB

Default Re: Too much space at the bottom

Hi AngieP, Welcome to TG Forums.

Your page dimensions are, width: 801px; height: 2874px
    I suspect that this was much more page height than your content needed for what you were designing in Web Designer.

Attach your .web file to your next post if you'd like it looked at to confirm?

Thanks sledger. I tried to attach the .web file to my original post, but I'm thinking it was too big, because I had 2 failed attempts.

I think that 2800 +/- is about right for my length. The page was about that length before I made some changes of the weekend, and if you look here you'll see it. http://fishermensfriend.com/SSMWEB1/ Maybe I'll have to rethink that design.

Anyway, I opened the index page in Front Page last night and can see a long empty black box that is probably the culprit, but when I open the .web file even though I remove every element with all the layers showing, I can't find that offending rectangle. I think I'll just start over with a new page and move all the elements over to it and delete that bad page.

AngieP,
    If you open your original file in FrontPage, click on the html tab at the bottom. Then go to the toolbar at the top, Edit>Find and enter the 2874 or 2874px. It will at least find it in the html and you can proceed from there deleting it.