Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Do you use a Tablet?

Im not sure what that translates into in US dollars but , I thought the 250.00 dollars was a good price. Used my tax refund to buy it.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

The UK price equates to $529, twice the price, but thats UK prices for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartEd View Post
    That's really interesting, I think I need to borrow one or get a cheapy and see how I get on with it.
    eBay man, eBay! I say always buy used if you're not sure... that way you can get your money back if you don't like it!

I use a rather large Wacom Intuos (9x12) which I like, but I wonder if I couldn't have gotten by with a smaller one. I use it most of the time working with rasters and about 10% of the time working with vectors and very rarely with any other program. I've had mine for 10 years, maybe. I've never had a problem with the tablet, but dropping the pen got me pretty peeved one time... if you drop it just right from a heigth of only 3 feet-or-so, you're off to fiftydollarville. Also, if you get one of the older serial cable versions, you might need a usb-to-serial converter and the drivers/table service are 'flaky' when you use one. That, from the voice of experience (daily).

Good luck; I say get one; you might really like it!
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

Wow, I dont think I would have bought one for 529 dollars. But maybe you can find a deal on ebay.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I used one for years when I was doing more photo editing work. Really liked it. Once you get used to right click functions I think it's quite a bit nicer than a mouse.
    Creating Great Designs in Life and Work
    Where I Work

I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun and its great, although I don't have a lot of desk space since I have an old monitor. But it is nice.
    I'm not sure if its better for any other things in Xara besides the Freehand tool though.
    Amitai Rosenberg