Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw brush graphic

I was playing around with CorelDRAW's brushes recently and came up with this. The fish and the grass are separate brushes, the tank bottom material is a texture fill, the water is a texture fill with 50% transparency and converted to bitmap (to show through when I created a pdf from it). Cat face was a free bitmap from the web and traced in Corel. Silver border is just a wide outline and converted to object, then filled with a free texture photo rotated 45°. The bubbles are included with the fish brush. Depth created with the Object Manager.

chuckray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish brush aquarium.jpg 
Views:	3401 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	63382  

Default Re: Corel Draw brush graphic

Good stuff, Chuck. What I like about digital painting programs is that even if one isn't particularly good at drawing (that's me, not you) the use of brushes and other tools makes it quite possible to create fine work like this - a good imagination helps, too. I particularly like the addition of the cat.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Lol, the cat's eyes top off the whole image. The fish are adorable and our cat looks hungry.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Thanks for the kind comments. Creating the graphic was fun and I almost didn't add the cat, but I am glad I did also. I think the image shows that creating appealing images doesn't always have to be a painstaking process or require great skills. It was pretty much rectangles and lines and placing the images in the positions that made them work and using the tools available.

chuckray