Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Web Design possibilities in Xtreme 5 ? Is editing the pages possible ?

Stephane,

It's not being designed to be edited in a html editor. Stop thinking that way .....

If you want to edit the text, then open Xara Xtreme 5 or Xara Web Designer and edit the base file. Then re-upload.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Web Design possibilities in Xtreme 5 ? Is editing the pages possible ?

Ok, I just understood you were thinking differently when you said "it is pure text and can be edited by any standard text/html editor"

So... Am I wrong if I think that Web Designer/XaraXtreme is a tool that can make a good personal website, but not good for doing a website to a client ?

Regards,
    Stephane
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

No ...... It can be edited by any standard text/html editor, but because of the absolute positioning nature of Xara, it can get very complex. That's why I said it would be better to edit in Xara directly. It saves having to recalculate all the positions manually.

There are lots of comments on the nature of Xara's websites. Commenting personally, I see no need for personal websites and websites for clients to be different. A good website is a good website whoever it's for.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Am I wrong if I think that Web Designer/XaraXtreme is a tool that can make a good personal website, but not good for doing a website to a client?
    That's not really the distinction. Xtreme is good at fixed, graphics-based brochure-like sites, and for rapid prototyping. It's poor at dynamic, content-based, interactive sites; that's not really what it's made for.

Whether the site is personal or for someone else is not much of an issue.