Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: HTML Link from Webdesigner to other html

Quote Originally Posted by Sofus View Post
    Hello

but after updating to IE8, I want to add some new links to local documents in my webpage.
    When I try to preview or load the exported .htm file on my local HDD, I can not get the new links to work, but the old one do still. When I upload the .htm to the server, all links works. but I can not figure out what is wrong.
    I am still a WD newb, but I have been in IT for too many years , so I will take a shot.

It may be the IE security zones.
    and something I just read in this thread regarding line two in Xara exported htm file. may help THIS IS THe entire quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    This is a problem of the different security zones used again.
    To avoid annoying confirmation requests form IE to allow opening the page with scripts on the local storage, we mark exported pages to be opened in the Internet security zone by IE. But this means that links to the pages in the local security zone don't work.
    Some facts:
    1. As soon as you publish your site it will start working as expected because your other pages would be in the Internet zone too.
    2. This is only an issue of the Internet Explorer, it doesn't happen with other browsers.
    3. If you want it to work locally (from your HDD), you can add Mark Of The Web to your other pages, or remove it form the WD generated pages. It is a second line in the HTML file, and in WD generated pages it looks like this:
    Code:
    <!-- saved from url=(0020)http://www.xara.com/ -->
    You can add it to your other pages, but make sure it's a second line, just after the <!DOCTYPE> element.

OC there is prob more than one way of making it work.
    I would guess, change IE settings in sec zones or edit that Xara line num two
    I wanted to understand that line. and glad it is mentioned in this thread.

good luck. Ill chk back to see what the experts at Xara have to say.

D
    Last edited by newWebDesigner1; 07 July 2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: addition

When I remove the line, IE will ask if I want to open the site, and then it work locally for that site only, but I have lot of sites, and the preview function in WD still do not work. I have tried to put the security settings to low, but without any effect.
    I do not understand how the link I made before updating IE still work, but not the new ones

any other idea how to get around that?

you know I am three weeks new to xara, meganfoxshrine.com my first attempt at a domain.
    finally got my text working and learned more on names and placeholders as well as views or layers/ which i believe are the same animal?

anyway, had a idea that may be your prob. / member what i first wrote....

OK.. I was messin with a page and created a nother view or layer
    still not sure how, but kinda maybe. I finally got rid of it. which was a hit and miss or heuristic time. lol, yea got to love virus apps marketing.
    use words that the outsourced help desk sppt think means something very
    unique and special. yea rite.

Ok i was thinkin maybe you have a view or layer you don't even know about.
    they can be dif to "see" or tricky , whatever. especially if you are new like me.

anywayz, i do believe if you do. It would def cause all the probs you are having.
    that I am over half sure about.

good luck.

D.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 10 July 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceding post
    D♦

I have contacted support and are waiting for a solution