Before you jump to conclusions and bash the product, you should at least have the courtesy to search the forum. There have been many posts about using code in the <head> section. This was something that was added early on in a patch to XWD (and it's in xtreme5 if you have that).

Seriously, I didn't think for a moment that any of the Xara products were HTML editors based on their marketing. They are clearly advertised as WYSIWYG website creators. In fact, I was pretty impressed by the amount of code embedding you could do to allow for that stuff that requires a little more tech than WYSIWYG can provide. And if you read through just a few of the posts on here and see how rapidly people get their problems solved, you would respect the level of support JUST in the user community - keeping in mind that this board is not run by Xara!

In short:

• Create a graphic of some sort and place it anywhere (a 1 pixel rectangle will work, but may be hard to find later). I usually place it just off to the left of the page where it can't be seen but gets incorporated into the code properly.
  • Go to the Name dialog and give this object a name of <head>.
  • Go to the Web Properties for the object and in the Replace with HTML area, put the code you want in the header of the page.

That's it. Then you can use other placeholders that have calls to whatever you put in the <head> code, whether <style> tags or javascript references.