Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Help with Business Card

That's great doby, you were able to follow my directions I gave you...
    Ok, the lighter picture would be easier to write over and still allow people to see what the company can do...a little reminder for the potential customer.
    Also one more thing, make sure older people who you are likely going to be dealing with will be able to read the print on the card. The simpler the card the easier it is to read for older people...they are quite often the customers with the money to spend!!
    There's some great variations here of your original post, and what I suggest you do is pick the one's you like (unless you have already settled on something), put them up on the screen together. Pick which one is your favourite or take the elements from the ones you like and put them together.

Then please show us your final choice because I'm sure we are all interested to see the end result!

The more you add to the back of the card the less space you have to write prices, people's long names, and addresses and phone numbers so I'd keep that in mind for the back. By grouping the wording with the web address, you will create space above and no matter which side of the card people see, they will find you.

You have lots to think about and choose from but at the end of the day its you and your husband that have to be happy with the final choice!

All the Best

Michele

Thanks Michele for your comments.

I printed a few sample cards of the previous version and didn't really like it. We both thought it was too busy looking.

Going back to the "less is more" so think we might go with this one. I keep getting drawn back to it. I'll print a few cards tomorrow to see how it looks, then make a decision. It incorporates the colors but with a cleaner, less cluttered look - more suitable to the quality of services being offered - IMHO.

Here's the latest version.

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC12a3.jpg

I think one side would be enough but have included two different optional backs.

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC12b3.jpg

http://www.rvrs.ca/images/RVRS_BC12c3.jpg
    Last edited by doby; 24 June 2009 at 05:57 AM.

I like the business card as it is now.
    Regarding the back, if I use it at all, I personally would not use the image of the room as a background. It does not actually show what you do and you don't know what you (potential) customers will see if they look at it, so I would regard it more as a risk than a benefit.

From the 2 choices of the bar with text I would go for the brown background but have it the same size and alignment as on the front.

Juergen

Thanks Juergen for your comments. You are right in that it might be limiting if I choose one of the services my hubby provides.
    I will incorporate your suggestions if I do decide to print on back of card with the back bar matching the front.

I now have a new thread for the print ad I have to prepare.

The link is here

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...589#post318589

Looking forward to everyones input...

Thanks again
    Doby

UPDATE:

Change of heart on the previously chosen card design.
    This is the one we have decided on which is based on all the previous suggestions and advice and which seemed to be the "Chosen One". (Once Again - Thank You Everyone)

Just thought I would post to get any last minute advice/comments before printing.

I changed the names in the logo to a matching color as opposed to the black
    Changed name/number to white so it shows up clearer.
    Enlarged the Middle tag line
    Reduced the services as per the "less is more" advice everyone has given.

As suggested, we will go with a strong hard stock and if I do go with a back pic, I will heed the previous advice and keep it light so people can write their comments clearly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RVRS_BC17.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	63275  
    Last edited by doby; 08 July 2009 at 03:17 AM.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

You have Mixed case for Experience and all upper case for QUALITY in the tag line. I would pick a case for emphasizing the words and stay with it. Other that, it looks fine.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thanks for your comment.

I've changed the case to match.

I am thinking I should just use all white so it is easier to read.

Here's a sample

Name:	RVRS_BC18.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	63302  
    Last edited by doby; 08 July 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doby View Post
    I am thinking I should just use all white so it is easier to read.
    Definitely. In this context, the color was making the key words recede. Instead, you want them to stand out. White is the best choice here.

A quick fix when I want to keep two conflicting design elements is to put a "Halo" around one of them. There doesn't seem to be quite enough contrast between the green header and the logo.I picked one of the earlier submissions to illustrate my suggestion:

http://www.graphicsbazaar.com/images/anotherone.jpg

I'm not that skilled with X5 yet, so I didn't take the time to fine tune this but hopefully you'll get the idea.

By the way, Sledger's submission in post #14 is the best. It separates the "messages" you're trying to convey into definite, clear segments... you wouldn't need to employ my suggestion with that one!

Good luck with this. Business cards are the best marketing investment for the buck, or pound, or rand or...
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

Thanks - That's a good suggestion.

(I've updated the website to reflect halo effect and its easier to view/read - definately stands out more)

I've done one similar to your suggestion and one similar to Sledgers (post #14)

The card on the right makes the logo appear much larger even though they are the same size.

Name:	RVRS_BC19.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	63368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RVRS_BC22.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	63369