Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Logo Design Strategies

Hello all,

I'm relatively new here on the forum but am one of the original Xara users from back in the early 90s when I got my first copy and was moved for good off Corel Draw.

One of my favorite things is logo design and I thought it wold be fun to start a thread where we can post logo designs we've done and explain the artistic as well as 'psychological' strategy/rationale behind the design. I figure this way we can learn from and get ideas from each other, thereby delivering better results to our clients.

On my samples page, most thumbnails link to individual pages on the design where I explain, where ever possible, how the design was thought out & achieved. So I'll start the thread out with that link as an example and will look forward to seeing all the great work the rest of you are doing. And who knows, as we learn about each other perhaps collaborative opportunities will arise withing the 'Xara Artistic Family'!!

SAMPLES PAGE

PS. I recently gave my site a facelift using Web Designer ... GREAT program and I hope they develop it to handle larger sites!
    Paul J
    "If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    http://www.tactical-graphic-design.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Logo Design Strategies

Hello Taccom, Welcome to Talkgraphics! Very nice site and wonderful logos. Here are two copies of the logo I designed for our business. Good Morning, Sunshine is a small publication that consists of jokes, humorous stories, fun facts etc. I chose a comic style font called yikes and converted it into shapes and slightly altered some of the letters. We live in a place called The Sunshine Coast hence the sunshine below are both a full colour and a grayscale version.

What part of Canada are you from? I'm in B.C. There a a couple of other members here who are Canucks as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gms logos.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	63260  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hello Taccom, Welcome to Talkgraphics! Very nice site and wonderful logos. Here are two copies of the logo I designed for our business. Good Morning, Sunshine is a small publication that consists of jokes, humorous stories, fun facts etc. I chose a comic style font called yikes and converted it into shapes and slightly altered some of the letters. We live in a place called The Sunshine Coast hence the sunshine below are both a full colour and a grayscale version.

What part of Canada are you from? I'm in B.C. There a a couple of other members here who are Canucks as well
    Thank you Fances ... and very crisp and lively work you've done! I'm in New West ... and you?
    Paul J

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm on The Sunshine Coast in Gibsons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I'm on The Sunshine Coast in Gibsons.
    Well I do hope it's sunnier there than here today, Frances!
    Paul J

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forums.

Nice idea for a thread, but please post some of your designs rather than just a link to your commercial site.

Thanks
    Steve