Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Problem with Web export

not sure if this is related at all. but here is my one cents worth. yea was two in the eighties.

OK,
    I have had this happen a few times when exporting files to become htm files.

and I deleted things until it would export and found out it was a text issue.

did not think of it as a italic text issue. just thought I "over" did it with
    the names htmltext by naming it twice , in text mode by selecting the text and also in pointer mode(or whatever) by selecting the entire text block and
    naming it htmltext.

really not sure what was incorrect with the line . but in each case the .web file would save but not export or preview(which I think may use some of the same program code- just a feeling I get)
    and each time it was cause of a very short line of text.
    and now I think back they may have been in italics.

I just deleted the line. and for whatever reason. re creating it
    in the same spot did not help. so I just let it go. and moved on.

was weird when it would not preview. my first thought was I'm low on RAM
    or the page has too much to load. you know I'm over pressuring the software.
    but like I said, after deleting things to find the cause. it was just a five word line. both times.
    yea only happened twice so far.

btw, i use Ariel fonts. I thought it may have been a ♥ or like that.
    but no it wasn't.

so I'm glad to find out this .

I had lots of exports that are fine every time with loads of italics
    so maybe its a mixture of two or more definitions of the text.
    ?
    thanks and good luck

D

Default Re: Problem with Web export of italic text

I DID find one other thing that was causing screwups - though not related to the italics or the full-justification...this was more of a problem with text becoming graphics even though I didn't want them to.

There was a strange instance where when my guides were on and I tried to drag out a text column, it came out just a hair off from stright. In fact I can't create this again no matter how hard I try, but it was like I drew the column line out and it went up or down just one pixel, so after that it behaved like I put a text line in, then rotated it just that hair. Well, of course when you rotate text, it becomes a graphic on export, just like if it were grouped. When I created the text line and it was not attached to a vertical guide, I was able to make it a straight line and all went fone after that. Unfortunately, I had copied that "wrongly created" text column to all of the locations I wanted it and just replaced the text. The only way I was able to fix it was to cut the text, delete the text column, turn off the guides, create the text column and paste the text back in.

Default Re: Problem with Web export of italic text

sounds like me.

I have got to learn how to make layers , so you can have just one page and
    several pages under it.
    I cant, ,,well i can believe I did not learn this when I began using Xara.
    I am so old skool.
    I made a .web for each page. Im up to eighteen now. which is cool.
    good thing bout Xara is, like I updated my Navbar and it took only minutes to update each page. just like when I finally created a type of logo
    and changed from the template header. , well then had seven pages.

I knew then I could have made it so things like the header are the same on each page and thus making a change to one changes them all.
    sometimes i learn better beginning from the end of the book. lol

Once I get a wordpress blog, I thnk they are the largest now to deal with.
    into this site, It will be so I really wont need a database.
    I may even find a way to keep track of every picture with out using php
    now that would be real cool.
    I am so puttion off remaking this site a php sql drupal site.
    I am just not into programming at all. I get it. I dont like it.
    rather paint door knobs. lol