Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: White halo round exported fig/jpg in the new 5.1

Thanks for all the explanations about png files, however I use a content management system which accepts gif/jpg files (but not png files) both of which are perfectly acceptable file formats for the web - and which I use routinely.

The position of the graphic on the page has not made any difference to an export in 4.1Pro - whether the position is whole units or fractions, so its shouldn't make any difference in 5.1 either. I have tried poitioning the rectangle at whole pixel x and y positions, and the result is still the same in 5.1Pro - so no workround there.

I've created a much darker version of the rectangle, set the grid to pixels, rectanlge to a whole pixel position, exported as jpg, and get a banding on the left of the image.

Xara4Pro will generate a smooth gradient both as a jpg, 5Pro adds this halo effect.

Occassionally I do use a gradient gif, by setting dithering in the export - not as perfect as a jpg, but acceptable for small graphics.

I've submitted a support ticket, and the Xara team agree that this is an issue is in for a patch fix.
    Last edited by lenw; 03 July 2009 at 12:25 PM.