Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: White halo round exported fig/jpg in the new 5.1

Hi Len, I must admit I can't see any difference in your 2 jpgs. I can see the wavy line that Steve see's in Bills uploaded attachment but the same wavy line isn't visible in the actual xar file so I guess it's something to do with the screen grab.

Len, could you upload your troublesome xar file?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,

I had the same issue when exporting a file to png (true color + alpha) a week ago. I exported without alpha and all was correct.
    Will try to recreate what happened

Juergen

Eric, if by +alpha you mean adding transparency, the rectangle has a gradient fill going from white to the light blue, transparency is not used.

I have now posted a question on the Xara support system, but no response as yet to it.

Is there any setting in 5.1Pro I might have missed setting that may be set in 4.1Pro that could be causing this difference - I cant work out what if anything this might be.

Thanks
    LenW

Please can some explain what "+alpha" refers to, I can't find a reference to it anywhere in XE4.1P or 5.1P. All I see is True Color for a jpg and various colour options for a gif.
    LenW

The problem xar file is attahed.
    The graphic looks file on the xara page, its when its exported either as a jpg or gif in 5.1pro it becomes banded.

If you look at the mock up JaffDave has done the effect this is causing is obvious. Import the jpg or gif into Xara and view at 4000%, you can see the banding in the 5.1 version of the export.

LenW
    Attached Files Attached Files

Len exporting as true color PNG on my system with XXPro 5 creates a clean file.

gif will never work because of the many subtle graduations which gif cannot handle.
    JPG is for photographs, not web graphics such as these.

PNG is always the better choice.

BTW: Your file has units set to pixels yet grid set to cm.
    This causes the image to fall on an uneven grid giving me an anti-aliased right edge. Change the grid to (Max spacing) 10px (Number of sub divs) 10 and enable snap to grid, the image snaps cleanly on the grid ready for export.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	249 Bytes 
ID:	63039

Hi again Len, using your xar file I can't produce any banding either.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Update. Yes I think this is a bug. I could see the banding on yours if I zoomed in on the export window.

I tried it with a slightly more obvious colouration and I attach the xar. You can see the difference between the 2 exports in this video.

Try it yourself, export the one on whole pixel boundary's (x,y) and the other on non whole pixel boundary's. Zoom into the top of the export window to see the differences.

This is new to XX5. It doesn't occur in XX4. I'll report it to Xara.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Sorry Lenw, I was thinking PNG export instead of JPEG. I have to agree with Sledger that a True Color PNG export would be the best for this particular graphic. If, however, you do need the graphic to be a JPEG, then setting the graphic size and position to whole pixels, will remove the halo.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Yes, I forgot the original was about jpg exports. Just tried it on the xar I attached above and the banding (edging?) is still present on the offset shape.
    Egg