Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does anyone know the size

Hello, I am trying to make a photo fit the background of my computer. It is ether to wide or if it something round makes it oval. Is there something in X2 that will work. I work with resizing, but it is always wrong. Please help me.
    I thank you all for your help.
    Joe M
    IP

Default Re: Does anyone know the size

if you want the picture to fit the screen 'exactly' it should be in the same proportions as your monitor

you can work this out from the monitor resolution - for example mine is 1280 x 1024 pixels so the ratio is 5:4 width:hight

if you picture has a different ratio you will need to crop it accordingly

make sure that you have the 'positon' option set as 'centre' - it sounds like you may have it on 'stretch' [in windows desktop preferences, assuming you are on windows of course..]
    Last edited by handrawn; 12 June 2009 at 09:55 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hello Handrawn, I understand what you say. I will try this afternoon. I will let you know. Thank you.
    Joe M
    IP

Take a screenshot (Print Screen) of your computer desktop and open it in PSP. It will be exactly the right size. Just replace this with the picture of your choice.
    IP

Hello LindaSue, I am sorry but I don't understand how do I make a print screen of the desktop and use it in PSP. Please help.
    I thank you.
    Joe M
    IP

Press the print screen key (left hand key in the group of 3 on the top right of your keyboard). Open Paintshop Pro and in the Edit Menu select "Paste" or Ctrl + V on the keyboard.
    Saludos,
    bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    Hello, I am trying to make a photo fit the background of my computer. It is ether to wide or if it something round makes it oval. Is there something in X2 that will work. I work with resizing, but it is always wrong. Please help me.
    I thank you all for your help.
    Joe M
    Joe, in addition to the fine tips given here already, here are a couple of other options:

1. Right-click on your desktop. Depending on your video card, that should lead you to a menu setting giving you the screen resolution.

2. You can do a screen capture from within Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. With that image in PSP, look down in the lower right-hand corner of the PSP window for the resolution of your picture.

From the Help file, here are the instructions for doing a PSP screen cap:

To specify a method for capturing screens
    1. Choose File Import Screen Capture Setup.
    2. In the Activate capture using area, choose one of the following options:
    • Right mouse click — lets you capture screen contents by right-clicking
    • Hot key — lets you use a keyboard shortcut to capture screen contents. Choose a key or key combination from the drop-list.
    • Delay timer — lets you capture screen contents after a specified delay. Type a number in the seconds box.

To specify capture settings
    1. Choose File Import Screen Capture Setup.
    2. In the Capture area, choose one of the following options:
    • Area — captures the area of the screen that you select
    • Full screen — captures the entire screen
    • Client area — captures the contents of the active program
    • Window — captures the active window
    • Object — captures an object within the program that you select, such as a menu bar, toolbar, icon, or document window
    3. Click OK.

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP