Quote Originally Posted by winniegustafson View Post
I also am having a crash problem. I have a Mac 0sX Leopard, Painter 11 and Wacom tablet. Faye Sirkis tutorial has brushes I liked bit, Painter says Painter 11 doesn't recognize third party brushes.
Even if I saved my work it doesn't seem to be saved.
Very frustrating.http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by "Painter says Painter 11 doesn't recognize third party brushes", unless you're trying to use Photoshop brushes in Corel Painter.

As to "third party" Corel Painter brushes, we create, use, and share them all the time. Some are from third party Painter book CDs/DVDs, some downloaded from the Web. I have dozens installed and working in several Painter versions (have six full Painter versions installed on this computer) including some from other Corel Painter instructors, some from friends on the Web, and lots I've created myself.

Tell us if you're getting an error message, exactly what it says, and check to make sure the Fay Sirkus brushes are meant to be used in Painter or Photoshop. Photoshop brushes can't be used in Painter and vice-versa.

If that's not the cause, it would seem logical to contact Fay Sirkus and see what she says.

Also, you might want to check at The PainterFactory as there have been lots of issues with Painter X/X.1 and Painter 11 in Mac Leopard reported there.

Though Corel has released the Hot Fix 1 (patch) for Painter 11 in Windows, they haven't yet released a patch for Mac users.

Good luck!

Jinny

#