Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Does "Ross Macintosh" have a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Biblical souls are not unchangeable by means of it's behavioral characteristics. For example, the soul of the new born and the same adult person is the same soul but it's characteristics are much different. The same stands true for the psychical disorder caused by physical damage. The soul changes by learning and forgetting, by acquiring reflexes and developing opinions, finally it changes by moods and feelings all the time.
    I guess it depends on the level of sophistication/detail the particular system your considering goes into...
    The word soul is quite a blanket term and doesn't seem to be too definitive when different systems use the same term with their own license.
    And with Christianity generally I personally feel stymied by the lack of "scientific" detail.

If say for example you were talking in the context Theosophy at least this system (and others like it) attempt to put forward a type "spiritual science" associated with the higher realms which is an extension of nature and does lend it a certain appeal (weather or not you prescribe to it or not) as it paints a picture of the universe which can be examined in great detail and does not simply sweep most things spiritual into the same generic unknowable basket...

Anyway...

I think the soul being eternal exists beyond time and space and is already perfect. A good metaphor i guess would be the sun... its light is always there weather or not your having a rainy day or not... and if you get locked away in a deep dark dungeon you may have almost completely lost access to its light but the possibility always exists that you could find your way back to it and would obviously seek to do so...dungeon not so much fun....

So i guess what im trying to say in relation to your comment is that what ever part was changing would be just an aspect of a "man's" spiritual apparatus but obviously not the pinnacle, core, unchangeable "spark" of the divine which represents the individual...and the essence of which is the one... unity...

i.e. so then instead of there just being the "soul" there is a host of "bodies" or extensions of the self into multiple dimensions going into ever higher and more rarefied states of "matter" (not simply referring to atomic matter.). Touching on ever higher aspects of a man's make up with each octave.
    Really quite interesting....anyway
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 12 June 2009 at 12:31 PM.