Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re-activation may be carried out free of charge up to three times

I have already bought the program and I did not get any warning / note that what the following statement says after purchase;

Re-activation may be carried out free of charge up to three times after purchase.

What, why such notice after purchase?

Please note:
    This serial number may stop working if you change your hardware.
    This is acceptable for me and I have no problem with it.

If the computer on which the program runs has internet access, you
    can re-activate the program by following the procedure above.

If you do not have internet acccess or you have any problem with the
    serial number, please contact our support team at http://support.xara.com.
    Please ensure you have this receipt in front of you since we may
    need the serial number and order number.

Re-activation may be carried out free of charge up to three times
    after purchase.

Do I have this limitation on trial version only which already activated or I have the same limitation with CD's version too?

If so, I feel I have been cheated and it's dishonest act.

Please someone clarify the above statement.

Default Re: Re-activation may be carried out free of charge up to three times

Magix introduced limited activations with Xara Web Designer which has flowed onto Xara Xtreme and although a great nuisance I think you'll find that limited software license activations is becoming common.
    Unfortunately Talkgraphics is unable to assist with software license activation extensions (we aren't Xara Staff or employees), so if it becomes necessary you can ask Xara Sales to increase your activation limit accordingly.

Hi ghol

this has come up here a few times - it appears xara will accommodate all reasonable requests for reactivation to be extended, though as steve says it's a matter for them to decide on merit, so only they can say

since what is being purchased here is a licence, and the re-activation is a material factor affecting it, I think you are right in that it should be clearly stated up-front, but again this is xara's decision [or magix]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ghol View Post
    If so, I feel I have been cheated and it's dishonest act.
    I'd love to know your rationale behind that accusation.

Xara made an official comment on their product activation when WebDesigner first came out. It would be fair to assume that Xtreme 5 DL works in the same way.

There is no limit on the number of activations on a single machine, the limit applies to activations on different computers. The Xara license permits this so long as you are the only user, however the Magix activation does limit it to 3 different machines, at which point you have to contact support for further activations. As Steve mentions we have had a couple of requests, we have reset it for another 3 without charge and that's what we will continue to do so long as it sounds like usage is within the license terms - so for example that would be a no if the software is being used across an office, or the payment has been reversed by a chargeback.
    I'm hoping that when my Xtreme 5 CD arrives it will not require online activation, but (as with the Xtreme 4 CD) you can only install from the original CD.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    I'd love to know your rationale behind that accusation.
    Sorry for bad English as I am not native and writting the following note /reply does not mean that I want to be rude.

I as very often format my pc when things messed up (slow/crash often)

So I think is my right as user with legal licenses to be able activate it with no limitation.

yes I understand developer right as well to insure the user are using genuine program, so if you (developer) are sending out genuine licenses and required online activation and authenticity then from what you are afraid of ?

Aren't you authentic online whether user key is genuine while activating?
    I am sure you do, if we have genuine key we will be granted using the program and if we are not then server will reject us and the software can disable itself automatically as soon as realized someone trying to harm license agreement or etc...

I just hope this term is for trial version only and not for CD version if not then I feel is user right to argue for this term and conditions.

And it's clearly says in invoice; This serial number may stop working if you change your hardware this means we are locked with hardware ID code and user should not be able to misuse the serial key with any other pc for extra installation. so then why we are still limited with 3 time activation?

I just do not understand it and I feel I am locked while I am inside the cage.
    Last edited by ghol; 10 June 2009 at 09:26 AM.

Oh I just got an email from support and quoted;

If thsi is Xtreme then there it refers to the downloaded trial only.

Thank you for verifying.

thanks for letting us know
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ghol View Post
    I just do not understand it and I feel I am locked while I am inside the cage.
    Please don't apologise for your level of English, it is fine, we understand what you are saying.

I fully understand your argument, but I disagree with it for various reasons. But it's really academic anyway because the rule doesn't appear to apply to the CD version

I am very happy as well that 3 times limited activation does not apply to the CD version.