Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I had occasion to avoid X3D6's Ctrl-C for copying images into XaraX, because it gave me centreing problems with some images. It always transfers a transparent image, ie no background, and if the object is being rotated, as mine often are, the centre of the image isn't always at the centre of rotation, so when previewing such an animation in XaraX, I would sometimes find the image wobbled a little. Exporting a gif at current window size did give consistent positioning, but felt clumsy and slow after the ease of Cut'n'paste.

So I looked for a setting that would make Ctrl-C in X3D6 export the image at the current window size, as the export menu can, but I didn't find anything.

Then I tried using Alt-PrntScrn to take a screenshot of the whole X3D window, and Ctrl-V, RETURN in XaraX to paste it in, and it worked fine, with no wobbles. It is nearly as fast to do as Ctrl-C was. Naturally you then have to crop the images, but I often have to do that anyway, and I have it down to a fine art, so that didn't bother me, and it also has the advantage of being just as useful for X3D5 users.

Mike

Nice tip Mike. Thanks!