Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default correctly placing background image to function how I want. HELP

This is another lengthy post, if you do not wish to help me, please do not bother to skim it. I would really appreciate the help though. I am going nuts over this whole thing and cannot progress with my site design until fixed.

Ok, it seems not one person has responded for my desire to better my background image situation. I've gotten responses for other things. But my main questions regarding background image placement etc has not come to fruition. Even when I left details of what I am trying to achieve & links for examples.

So, what I need help with:
    I am trying to place a background in a website design, that would in essence be one solid image (not repeating). I had created what I thought would be the right sized image for my needs. Optimized etc. But what XWD does is even when you assign the (bitmap) background image to Not tile (via html coding within a rectangle shape & placeholder properties) it begins behind your central content page on the left hand side... but cuts off before it goes to the opposite side of the content page. This was while Centered I suppose.
    I redid the html over and over trying to adjust where the image goes in the background & how it looks.
    I kept finding myself redesigning the image over & over in photoshop.

I just want One image to go over the ENTIRE background web browser window. I had wanted my center page content to be centered within that. The background was also set to be fixed so that when you scroll down the page the background would not move.
    I basically wanted a design that would frame my content page. And even Overlap or appear to overlap so that it would look like (or appear) that the center content page was BEHIND my background image. So much so that I wanted to get rid of my actual page content background image & color so that the Browser Background image would show through & seem more Seemless & without Page Edges.

I've made my next trial of a template for the site. In this one... the background bitmap image is set to be fixed but repeat. Because the background will not allow ONE full image to cover the entire background. Instead it starts at the left of the content page & goes all the way right. But the left is left blank. In REPEAT background mode, the image still starts behind the content but at the left of the page & goes right. Hence any part of the background that shows on the LEFT of the center page content is actually the Right hand side of the background image.
    Frustrating.

One last thing, if you notice in this example. The background Dark Red veins on the Right almost look like they slightly overlap onto the center content page. THIS is what I am trying to achieve. But it will not do the same on the Left hand side of the page no matter what I do to the image or code.

what on earth is going on???

http://future2.eyescreamjewelry.com

thx and I truly would appreciate any help in getting my background woes resolved.

Default Re: correctly placing background image to function how I want. HELP

Ok so I noticed that when I turn off the Background layer on the actual content page. The Background image for page browser background, dark red branches tips sort of show up on the very right edge of the page content page, hence how it was appearing lo look like it was over the edge framing it. But I still want to achieve this on both sides.

And I think what I may have to do is create an image to be tiled that will have a smidge of the branches on the left side of page... but in such a way that it will look like a continuum of the branches that appear on the left edge. phew. this is so complicated.

back to the grind.

~

Eyescream,
    all the controls regarding background image positioning and repeating are awailable in the WD Tweakset. Plese install it and read supplied manual.htm for more detail.
    Does it help?
    John.

thanks again john I had downloaded and was using tweaks... but tsk tsk didnt see/read any manual... I'll check it now thx.

also, here is what I came up with to get my background to behave:

http://future3.eyescreamjewelry.com

if you view source info media. you'll see the background image png 0 i think. Very hard to line up left edge branches to match right edge cut off.

phew.
    ok, gonna go read me some manual action.

~