Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another New Website Design Feedback Please

Greetings all,
    Ok, so while my first & previous incantation of my Mock up template, was produced in my usual colors (black & red) and fit with my style & flow....
    I Really wanted a Drastic change from my norm. Something to sort of 'brighten' if you will my web presence aesthetic as well as hoping to still capture a Vintage Macabre' with slight grunge overtones look and feel.
    Please have a look at my new site template design I created from one of the Tweak sets (no scroll background).

http://future.eyescreamjewelry.com

It is still a work in progress and may need to have some elements resized & shifted. And not sure if main browser background will remain what is there or not.

I have a coupla questions & tweaks I'd like to figure out & get help with, with the arrival of my new creation.

So I wanted the Background to be static and not scroll. But when you scroll the bar to the bottom of the page... the center of the page sort of cuts off at the bottom... leaving only the background showing... though the top of the page goes to the top of the background. Is there something in the program that I can make it so that my central page elongates down to the bottom of the page? Is there a page buff I can locate and resize or something? So that you cannot see the Main Browser page background at very bottom of the site when done scrolling (hope that made sense)?

Also, I know of some sites that I've come across that have this cool thing I'd like to try to achieve with a background I think. To where the background is static but the center of the background has kind of a Border/frame that frames the center page design and does not move. How is this accomplished? As it seems like one or 2 HUGE images with the design going one way & other side going the other way.
    Example at following site:
    http://cutencool-itkupilli.blogspot....tte-angel.html

Although it is a Blogger site... I have seen other non blogger sites have a similar design (though different design subject matter but same outcome).
    Notice how when you scroll the background is static & does not scroll with... but the central part of the background has sort of the ribbon border that does not show a Thoroughly Straight Block/line edge... because the ribbon looks like it is cut out like a png or gif would be with a sort of transparent background in order for the ribbon to look almost 3 dimensional or Cut out from the page. How is this accomplished? Does the main browser background have to be HUGE & something else special to accomplish the framing aspect?

Also I think my new design loads a little slow... (took a few extra seconds) how can I make it load quicker without losing a lot of my current image content? just curious & thanks ahead of time.

~

Default Re: Another New Website Design Feedback Please

It loaded a lot slow for me and scrolled slow too. Your images are really fairly big.

waaaaay too slow....... better optimized those pics or you'll loose em before it ever gets finished.

Well that's great... and what I thought... but could you tell me HOW to optimize them please? thanks.

For a start, your background image is over 1mb
    http://future.eyescreamjewelry.com/i...tm_files/0.png
    Better to use a JPG (82kb)

Using all PNG images will slow your site to a crawl on slower connections.

You can define each objects export type in Xtreme's web properties dialog under 'Image' tab.

Sledger, thanks for the useful info... I will check it out right now & see what you are talking about. I don't want a slow site which is why I mentioned it loading slow & asking for tips :P

ok, off to tweak it some more...

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyescream View Post
    I don't want a slow site which is why I mentioned it loading slow & asking for tips :P
    Sorry, I tend to skim over long posts. I missed your point in your OP

So to get to the point quicker... any one have any idea how to make the browser background page be able to have a border to frame the inner actual page content as asked in first post with link example attached. I Really want to be able to do it and need help or a link to read up on how. Thanks.

Sledger... haha, no I think you hit it on the nose regardless... but yes I tend to ramble a good tale only because I want people to understand where I am coming from (I give many details as a result) so my fault for not getting to the point faster.

~

Hi,
    To created smaller backround, create a tiling image the width of the pagesize, put a reapeating type design on Left and right margins, on a uniform color(or pattern) background and save as jpg image.
    The only drwback is that viewing on a larger browser size tiles image.
    Hope that helps
    Jim