Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Previewing Locally

Hi all

I'm having trouble getting with a couple things and I think it's because i'm trying to view them locally but not sure.

I'm trying to put a link on an object that when clicked will automatically bring up the open / save download box. I read in the forum that you can use link to page enter the file name and leave correct address automatically unselected. Unfortunetly its not working is this because i'm trying to view locally?

I'm having the similar trouble with Any FLV Player. I can view the html files produced by flv but the player does not appear when I export my XWD site. Is this also because i'm trying to preview locally? Any FLV player creates all the code which I put into a placeholder so I don't think its a code error.

Thanks
    Deanx

Default Re: Previewing Locally

Export to a folder on your HDD first then preview. Embedded AnyFLV should then preview fine.

Hi Steve

Yeah saved it to my hard disk but no joy.

I saw in another post you recommended ANY FLV so I dowloaded the trial or free version. All works fine, I copied the code from the xml file, pasted it into the placeholder, moved all the files from FLV output folder into the index_htm_files but stil can't get it going.

I take i I don't need to alter the code as ANY FLV creates it on export?

Cheers
    Dean

Copy the <object code from the AnyFLV created index.html (or fs_aux.html) - not the .xml

Looks like this (moviename and size will differ from yours):

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="320" height="300" id="tech" align="middle">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="simple.swf?xml_path=moviename.xml" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <embed src="simple.swf?xml_path=moviename.xml" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="320" height="300" name="tech" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>