Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default *&^%% photo popups!!!

BIG problems with popups!!!
    I dragged a copy of photographer popup 2 onto my page. Viewed in in Preview - all OK.
    I then dragged my photos in to replace stock photos. Viewed in Preview - all OK.
    Un soft grouped so that I could get at the labels to replace them with meaningful text.
    Types in my text on all 9 labels.
    Soft grouped the entire pop-up.
    Viewed in Preview - ^&*% thing does not work!!!!!
    How else are you supposed to change the text? If you don't ungroup then the replacement text just repeats itself on all 9 labels.
    I must be doing something wrong but I am dammed if I know what!!
    HELP PLEASE!!! If someone could just explain, in simple terms just HOW popups are SUPPOSED to work it would be a GREAT help.
    Regards,

Default Re: *&^%% photo popups!!!

OK Peter, I figured out what you mean't (I never use Templates, sorry about that)

I simply removed the text softgroup and changed the text. No need to regroup the text as far I can tell (at least I see no point to)

But you need to make sure the text group is selected before your remove the SG.

See THIS WMV VIDEO which I hope explains

Default Re: *&^%% photo popups!!!

Many thanks Slugger. I seem to have problems with the vidios from Xara. I loaded the add-on and get the video but I only get about 2 secs worth of broken sound then nothing.
    Thanks for the info on the SG - it has answered the problem.
    Again, many thanks,
    Peter