Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara Web Designer vs HTML Editor

I've been a Xara fan for many years, and am quite familiar w/ Extreme Pro and 3D products. To date I haven't found a web design tool I like, having tried everything from MS FrontPage to Dreamweaver and several of the public ones such as Trellian.
    Am I missing the point, or is Xara Web designer unable to import an .htm/.html file and work w/ it as a wysiwyg editor.
    I attempted to open a simple front page (index.htm) and only the graphics came across (NONE of the text or links).
    I haven't purchased the product yet, and certainly intend to, but maybe this is not the right tool for my needs, which is modifying many web pages created by various editors.
    Thanks for setting me straight...

Default Re: Xara Web Designer vs HTML Editor

Yes, Web Designer can not edit existing HTML. So you can not use it for this task.
    John.

Thumbs up Re: Xara Web Designer vs HTML Editor

Thanks, John, for the prompt response. Looks like I was hoping for the best of both worlds. Guess I'll have to be content to use Extreme Pro for design work and keep looking for an html editor that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OakKnollie View Post
    I've been a Xara fan for many years, and am quite familiar w/ Extreme Pro and 3D products. To date I haven't found a web design tool I like, having tried everything from MS FrontPage to Dreamweaver and several of the public ones such as Trellian.
    Am I missing the point, or is Xara Web designer unable to import an .htm/.html file and work w/ it as a wysiwyg editor.
    I attempted to open a simple front page (index.htm) and only the graphics came across (NONE of the text or links).
    I haven't purchased the product yet, and certainly intend to, but maybe this is not the right tool for my needs, which is modifying many web pages created by various editors.
    Thanks for setting me straight...
    XWD is a web designer not a HTML editor and it does not import HTML pages - I'm afraid it is totally unsuitable for that use.

If you wish to open just about any web page and edit it and find products such as Dreamweaver (surely the industry standard) unsuitable, then I think you have a tough problem.

Paul

PAUL IS THERE NOT A WAY WE CAN CONVERT THE HTML FILE SO THAT XARA CAN READ IT VERY WELL... AND ARE U SAYING THAT WE CANT EDIT AN OLD WEB SITE WITH XARA..

Quote Originally Posted by ikelia View Post
    PAUL IS THERE NOT A WAY WE CAN CONVERT THE HTML FILE SO THAT XARA CAN READ IT VERY WELL... AND ARE U SAYING THAT WE CANT EDIT AN OLD WEB SITE WITH XARA..
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. Which part of the Thread do you not understand? If you have an old .XAR / .WEB Xara Design file then the application you have can read and edit and republish.

It might be better to start an new Thread when you can ask your questions without having a six-year history.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat