Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: XaReg 1.0.1.8 updated to support Xtreme Pro 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Markku are the number up/down controls below the images of the arrows grayed out? That would indicate that XaReg cannot read or write to the registry keys for the arrow scale values.
    Yes Bill, they are grayed out. I will try the manual editing later at home.
    Thanks.

Have to hand it to you guys - I love XaReg and would be lost without it. The new version is even more double plus super than the last. Many thanks to you.

As an aside, do you have any idea why Xara, after all this time, have not incorporated these usability aids into their apps?

Harry the error seems to indicate you may have clicked the Open button without having selected a file.

I will add code to recover from that happening even if that is not what caused the error in your case.

Thanks Kanetica, glad the program is useful for you.

Markku when XaReg starts it looks for running versions of Web Designer, Xara Xtreme, and Magix Xtreme. If any are found it does not continue and opens a prompt advising to close the running process.

The next thing the program does is to read the registry to find installed versions of the three programs (WD, XX, and MX) and reads the registry for those apps. If it can read the registry entries for the settings the control within XaReg are enabled if it cannot read the entries it disables (gray out) the controls.

The two most likely causes of a grayed out control is the registry key does not exist for the selected version. This is normal and expected for some versions specially if it is an older version.

The second likely cause is access to read the registry key may be blocked by some security settings on the computer or security software that prevents access to the registry.

This new version of XaReg has code that allows it to run with the security permissions of the logged on user. Theoretically this should allow it to access all the Current User registry keys. In practice there are Windows security and 3rd party security programs that can block access by the current user which by default will block XaReg as well.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Harry you found one of my typing errors within the XaReg code.

Everyone that has downloaded XaReg 1.0.1.8 should download the zip file attached to this post. New version number is 1.0.1.9

Get the lastest Build at http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html
    Last edited by Soquili; 15 June 2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Replaced .zip file with link to XaraXone
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: XaReg 1.0.1.9 updated to support Xtreme Pro 5.0 (Updated June 5 2009)

Mine crashes too. I tried all the previous versions which ran fine before, and now they crash too. here are some screen caps.

Thanks for all your great work guys

Art
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xarareg crash 01.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	61980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xarareg crash 02.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	61981  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xarareg crash 03.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	61982  

Everyone that has downloaded XaReg 1.0.1.8 should download the zip file attached to this post. New version number is 1.0.1.9
    Aw. I think you should have numbered it 1.0.1.8½

Default Re: XaReg 1.0.1.9 updated to support Xtreme Pro 5.0 (Updated June 5 2009)

Works fine for me.

Nice job Bill.

Thanks!

1.9 crashes on me as well. I'm on XP 64bit. It used to work before. I had to recently reinstall my operating system and there are a couple of apps that no longer install or function properly. XaReg is one of them.

Does this have anything to do with .NET? I'm running 3.5.
    Sheff
    My Site

Harry the error seems to indicate you may have clicked the Open button without having selected a file.
    I didn't think so...

Harry you found one of my typing errors within the XaReg code.

New version number is 1.0.1.9
    ...I'm glad you found the source of the error and that it was an easy fix, Bill. I've installed v1.0.1.9 and it works like a charm.

To your continued success,
    Harry

I really love X5 and I'm in love with XaReg !!
    What a killer combo.
    Thanks a lot guys!
    And Bill, I made use of the 'Donate' button Sorry it wasn't a larger amount at this time.
    Keep up the teriffic work.