Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Where is the shopping cart in Web Designer ?

Thank you all for kind words.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

Hi everyone!

I'm a complete newbie redesigning my site after the webdesigners who did it for free can't afford to do so anymore.
    And I abolutely love WD.. If I had had this tool before I'd have done my site myself from the start..

I have a short question regarding the whole shopping-cart-thing.
    (After thanking Albert for his great guide about the button integration, works fine here: Thank you!!)

My goal is to sell mp3s of my music that the visitor of my site has put into the shopping cart.
    The problem is that the customer can't download anything rightaway because I have to react and e-mail him a link I created manually.

What would be perfect is a link-generator that sends a (1time, expiring) downloadlink right after the paypal-transaction was confirmed, so the customer can download the tracks right after paying.
    I think that this is already possible, for exampleTradebit.com does what I'm looking for.. but I have no idea how to integrate that into WD..

Any ideas/tips/links regarding that would be incredible!
    Do you see any possibility to do this?

Greets, chilli
    Last edited by chilli; 02 June 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Hello Chilli

I would reccomend this

http://www.dlguard.com/dlginfo/index.php

Its been around for a few years now and was originally developed for ebook sellers but would work fine for your project.
    You would have the front end of your website developed in WD then simply run this at the back end, so once peropl searched your site and found mp3's they wanted to buy, they would click an order button that would take them to this software, it would then handle payment and also 1 time download urls.

Hope that helps

Hi Chris!
    Thanks for that tip, it really looks promising.
    Do you have any experience with using it together with xara? Is it easy to integrate, will a complete newbie like me (with the wish to learn!) be able to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post
    Hello Chilli
    .... they would click an order button that would take them to this software...
    But that's only in the background, right? people don't see anything than my site until they go to checkout, like paypal? I'd like to keep the feeling that they are still with me, especially when handing me money
    www.chillheimer.de

Hey guys, remember me, I asked the question a couple of months ago about getting into the web design biz...as luck would have it I was "forced" to make the jump due to our dear leaders handling of the economy...another issue for another day.

I recently completed a website with XWD and utilized the PayPal buttons quite extensively at http://www.pluckypillow.com, I'm waiting for feedback and additional information from the client before I start tweaking it.

Another cart system I'm considering is Avactis, apparently it can be used within an existing website, I only have the trial version now and I'm waiting for the full deal to see how it works. I'll keep you posted. Just in case it works I should pass along that they offer a free full license for developers and then a coupon for half off each package you purchase to resell to clients.

Any feedback on the site would be appreciated!

Talking Re: Where is the shopping cart in Web Designer ?

I use 1ShoppingCart

There is nothing to download or install on your server. In Xara Web Designer, you simply create hyperlinks to your shopping cart. You can customize your shopping cart to look just like your website and you can run multiple shopping carts for multiple websites (but only pay for one shopping cart).

Very fast and easy to use. You can have secure order links up in seconds...

David Farr

twinsmagic,

I was just asked to look at that 1shopping cart for a client of mine to integrate into his curernt XWD designed site.

1. Was it easy to customize to at least colors and banner look?
    2. Does it do everything it says it does EASILY, or is it convoluted (for me OR for the end user)?
    3. What level package do you need to get from them to include all cart and email feedback parts? (I suppose I could look this up, but they have a lot of info about a lot of different sub-parts to consider...just trying to simplify)

Thanks for your input.