Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Do You Think This will Work?

Turning a text into an image is ideal when the web does not support that particular font, especially when you feel that you MUST have that particular font on the site. But, once that text becomes and image, it will not display to search engines, etc.. How about this........
    Just for kicks, I created a square image on my webstyle pad. I typed out the text "hey whats up with you". I moved the text behind the square and exported the html to my desktop. I opened up the file and right-clicked to "view source", viewing the html and script etc.. My text does not appear on the site itsself, but appears in the source. Maybe, just maybe...... you can place text behind your image just to get hits on those keywords. How does this sound? It's free to try, so why not? What do you think of that?

Default Re: Do You Think This will Work?

Well your text will appear in the source, but it doesn't relate to the image that hides it from view.

That's what the 'Alt' attribute is for. Add your image text to this field.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alt_text.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	61919

Default Re: Do You Think This will Work?

I am familiar with the "alt" tab. That gives the image a name. I am simply saying by text, you may be able to hide a whole paragraph of pertinent info behind an image, allowing info to be picked up by search engines, which then directs the "user in search" to your page. Google would show a brief portion of your paragraph on their page, and ultimately your link.