Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Eye Candy registration???

Hi there - just bought Eye Candy (as it was so cheap) and have installed it.. Entered the reg no provided by Xara etc and can see the plug ins - however they're all demo and I can't use them....how can I reregister or sort this. Spent 30min getting nowhere so finally asking what is probably a stupid question
    thanks!

Default Re: Eye Candy registration???

Hi Pete,

The Demo plugins come with Xtreme. When you install the purchased versions they should appear in your list of plugins without the word Demo.

It has been a few years since I installed the purchased plugins, was a prompt about which folder the plugin would be installed?

Did you accept the default? Did you note where the folder is located?

I believe the plugins initially look for an older version of xtreme, but I'm not sure about that.

If you know which folder the plugin was installed within we can give you steps to make sure it is added to your plugins list.

Otherwise a search will need to be done to find the plugin and then it can be added to your list.

The default location for the install is C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme\Xara Picture Editor\PSPlug-ins
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have a folder in my C:/ drive called Eye Candy Settings. I've tried pointing the plugin to there but it isn't showing up....

so have I installed it in the wrong place or should I uninstall the demo first? or neither

No way to uninstall the demo that I am aware of and no need to do so anyway.

Where the plugin is installed isn't so important and knowing where it is installed. We can always walk you throught pointing Xtreme to the plugin once it's location is known.

The file you need to find in named eyecandy4000.8bf (EyeCandy4000.8bf may be how you will see it, but Windows isn't case sensitive for filenames.)
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: Eye Candy registration???

thanks v much - needed to install it into the correct folder (Xara PS plugins) to overwrite the existing demo.. Job done - thanks for your help

Glad you have it working. You did all the work, all I did was type some words.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill,

If you point to duplicate installs, you will get the duplicates in the drop down list. I have moves the folders to another location to be safe, and it didn't affect XXP.

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm not sure I follow you.

I did not duplicate installation of the plug-ins. The plug-ins were only installed once. All installations of Xtreme simply look at the original installation folder for the plug-ins.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill,

If you have the plugins installed in two different places, and point to both places.

PI has a trial fo EC4K, too. Slightly different trial set. Pointing to both will get multiple entrys.

If you overwrite to the XXP folder, there wil be no problem.

Rich