Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Coda Slider

Default Coda Slider

Hi
    I would like to inegrate coda-slider (http://www.ndoherty.com/blog/2007/10/29/coda-slider-11/) in my website. But cannot find out how to do this.
    Any help ?

Default Re: Coda Slider

Pass.

(way too much fiddling around for little gain..)

Nifty effect, but as sledger mentioned - a lot of effor tof rhat return. To create the same tabbed look within XWD with no plugs, etc is really pretty easy using popup layers. The only thing you'd miss would be the actual sliding of the text.

Nonetheless, it looks like it would be do-able like many of the other plugs around.

You'd need to create two placeholders: 1 for all of the stuff that needs to get added to the head section: so all the javascript loads and the css that designes the look of the whole thing; and 2 for the actual html code, which is pretty simple and straightforward. You would also need to make sure that the js files are in the right place so that when you export your site, they are there - there is no way for XWD to know to include these in that file location - unlike Flash placeholdesr, which it will automatically copy to the right spot, these you need to put there manually.

So...here's an example of the basic thing done. To use this, open the attached web file and then do an export. After you have exported, copy all of the js files and the images directory from the codaslider zip file into the same folder where you exported the index from my web file. That should be it - now you can tweak the css to make it look right and obviously change the content within the html area. The arrows didn't line up for me, but I didn't want to spend a bunch of time to get this to work...

edit: Just make the page size bigger and set the larger placeholder to be 800px wide (which is defined in the css) or change the css appropriately to get the arrows to work right.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slavelle; 01 June 2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: size details added

Jopi,

I have worked on and worked on this, but this is as close as I could come up with a solution.. Check it out...

Do to time constraints, only the first two buttons function...

Click here to see it....
    RaZzLE

Thanks for the help.
    This certainly helps. I'll post a link of the final result soon.