Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Is this a bug - it's driving me mad!

Try this, on a new web page (SVGA)
    1. create rectangle on MouseOff layer
    2. create new layer (eg layer 3)
    3. copy a JPEG on to that layer
    4. select web properties of the rectangle, and in 'mouse over' tab select 'show pop-up layer - layer 3'
    5. preview the site - when you move over the rectangle the JPEG appears - so far so good.

now
    6. create new page
    7. select web properties for the original rectangle on 'index' page
    8. select ' when the selected object is clicked ... link to page ..Page 2'
    9. now preview the site again - this time on my computer the JPEG flickers very annoyingly as the cursor is moved over the rectangle.

If you now put a rectangle on the layer with the JPEG, it does not flicker - only the JPEG.

But this seems an even more bizare problem. On the site I am trying to create, once the JPEG begins to flicker, it does so even on layers that other JPEGS don't flicker on...it is almost as if the JPEG is labled in some way! (although in the above demo, the JPEG no longer flickers once the rectangle no longer points to the other page!)

Please help..
    Last edited by Gasman; 14 May 2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: To further demonstrate the problem

Default Re: Is this a bug - it's driving me mad!

I exported page to my desktop: the jpg does not flicker in FF3 but it does in IE8. When I add rectangle on the jpg layer: FF3 and IE8 work fine - but, in IE8, if I move the cursor horizontally slowly over the original rectangle both the jpg and the second rectangle flicker
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

This is very strange.

If the rectangle that you add to layer 3 (the layer with the JPEG ) is small, then it does not flicker, if it is big then it does flicker. This is the case even if it is not in contact with that JPEG.

PS sorry not to label the thread with "flickering pop-up problem" or something simillar. I realised I had made it a very unhelpful title too late!

update - just made the JPEG small and it does not flicker, but the larger rectangle does. Is this purely a size of object problem?
    Last edited by Gasman; 14 May 2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: to clarify

When moving the cursor over the rectangle the cursor changes briefly, as if the link is intermittent, if you see what I mean.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thats it.. it is a size thing.

I have just gone back to my original site. If I make the flickering image a little smaller it stops flickering. It also does not pick up bits of the layer below it through any cut out section, which it had also started doing along with the flickering.

My images are clearly right at the size of this happening, which made it occur with slight editing of them.