Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera on sale

Because I know a lot of people in this forum can appreciate "alternative" software, I thought I'd point out that the latest version of the Opera browser is on sale at a 50% discount. The price is normally $40USD but is now only $20.

No, I don't get any referral credits, I'm just trying to support yet just another option to the MS-dominated world.

You'll find the offer at:

http://www.opera.com/order/campaign/

.joroho.

http://www.joroho.com/initials.gif
    Wise men still seek Him.

I will check it immediately.

Kindly,
    ivan

will soon be released.
    greetz
    r

I read that the entire engine was re-written!!! I think I am entitled to a free upgrade or something like that anyway, so I will bide my time and just wait it out!!

Here's a link to the sites info on version 7: Opera 7 info.

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on August 25, 2002 at 12:36.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I sure hope they redo their damn Favorites/Bookmarks approach in Opera 7! I hate the way it works now, and am mostly sticking with IE 6 just because of that one factor. I have repeatedly written Opera about this, but never got a reply.

(Amazingly, Opera is Norwegian-made - the only Norwegian software which has "made it," sort of. As a Norwegian, that amuses me.)

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I've been using Opera since version 3, and they have improved a lot of features, but I don't like not being able to delete or organize bookmarks without opening the Hot List.

What is the problem with version 7 bookmarks? I was thinking of upgrading, but version 5 works pretty well with bookmarks, and maybe I'll not bother.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

One thing I like about Opera is the zoom ability. So many sites like graphics.com have fixed fonts that I can't read, plus sometimes I like to zoom into a graphic closer, not to mention the ability to turn off graphics.

One thing that is irritating in Opera while viewing Talk Graphics all of a sudden I'll click on a topic and there is nothing there. The only way I can see anything is by faking a reply. This is a serious glich!

Until they fix these weird errors I will not buy it even at half price.

ADDENDUM: I was in Opera while trying to reply to this post and got a File not found when I hit reply. So had to revert to MSE to reply. So far in my opinion Opera is too quirky.

Can you now upload a file to this server? I often mailed them about that and other problems (so much they made me a beta tester for version 5 etc. hahaa. After some ten bugs I quitted.)
    I now downloaded this new version, tried to install it and it refused to open any page (I hate it that it first goes to some Opera site. Sheer Microsof attitude). So I uninstalled it.
    I still browse with IE5.5, and that one eats everything. And that's what a browser is made for. Not for to freeze when there's some less perfect codeOpera is good for fast downloading, but apart from that it often sings out of tune.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685

I have to agree. IE eats everything, and Opera does funky things with normal web content quite often.

I use IE as my main browser for that reason, but I use non-Java Opera 5 for fast browsing on many sites.

I wish IE would add some of the great features of Opera, such as tabbed windows and not being so resource hungry. Unfortunately, I will probably never upgrade above IE 5.5, because of the intrusive games Microsoft now plays.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I agree with you Dale. Me too, I mainly use IE5.5.
    By the way, I just read a review of NN7...seems to be a real disillusion. I've been an Opera fan from version4, but I finally gave up. I use Opera5 for quick downloads, and I really wish it would have IE's tolerance with code.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685