Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question cannot insert flow on text

Hi people,
    I AM reading the destructions and also the covoxer great addition, but no result. The Xara demo file says go look it up, but not found enlightenment.

Essentially all I want to do is create/borrow a template/layout that will contain static items and have a two-column area with text flow between both in the page and on the next when required.

I try and insert both text and rtf files with same result.

(Is there a technical *pasting* difference between "column" and "text area"??)

Thanks,

Default Re: cannot insert flow on text

To have a text flowing between frames you have to use "text area" elements. Text area is created by dragging a rectangle with a text tool.
    Paste your text into the text area. If it doesn't fit entirely into the text area, you'll see the red rextangle with triangle in the lower right corner of the text area. It is used to link this text area with another text area. So, create another text area, and drag the red rectangle over this empty text area.
    Note that all these manipulations are made with the text tool activated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text2.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	60432  
    John.

Thumbs up Re: cannot insert flow on text

Hi John,
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I think that my problem was that I *was* trying to use columns. "Columns" are what I wanted.
    Knew it would be simple... :-{

Cheers!
    Growing old has many benefits.... I just can't remember what they are.........