Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Hi ankhor,
    What is 'a tick' in the context you mean it? (I know I'm going to hate myself for asking that )
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Show us your sites!

Hi friends!
    I bought WD last month. It's a very, very nice soft.
    I like it!
    So, I made my own webpage: www.csk.pl/~mat33

Sorry for PL language
    Last edited by MAT33; 28 April 2009 at 10:41 AM.
    IP

Hmm, how can I answer now, knowing that you will hate yourself if I answer?
    I don`t want that on my concious.

My tick is that I have to blow up flat logo's. You don`t see the half of it in here.
    (be glad, be very glad)and I wrote after it that he shouldn`t mind it since I
    am not a designer, (and that they basically could ignore it.)
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Welcome Mat33, that's a very nice site you've created there. Fun images too.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Well I'm still kind of experimenting but I'm quite happy with the way I'm going. Especially in IE8, Google Chrome and on Apple computers this streams very fast.

Here are three sites I'm building on:
    1. Promotional site in Dutch
    2. A tutorial with a tiny menu on top and multiple layers
    3. A dynamic splash type of page

It's all still in need of a lot of experience to finish of my graphics but the idea is there. I constantly moved for these pages between Xtreme 4 and XWD.

Only a pity that on my Firefox 3.0.10 the sites are a little slow to load. The software is amazing to use though.
    IP

I'm sorry Pretobrazza, I'm not a fan of your work - too many gimmicks and "in your face" designs and colours.

Paul
    IP

Pretobrazza, to be a bit more constructive - generally I would try and allow people to get whatever the message the site is trying to convey by not distracting them with moving gimmicks and 3D text in lots of styles and colours. By having such a mixture of styles and uncoordinated colours, people will find it harder to take in the site because they are distracted by the gimmicks - not usually what people want to happen.

Generally speaking a co-ordinated design works better than an un-coordinated one. If you have to have a 3D style make sure the style matches and the 3D effect all matches.

Imagine the website was your house. Could you live with it? Most people go for a few co-ordinated colours and patterns and generally that's a good approach for a website too.

Good luck.

Paul
    IP

Yes, you're very right about that and this will be my next "mission": Sober up in color and 'frills' and get the viewer (visitor) drawn into the action, if possible intuitively & interactively -

As you can see I'm testing my limits and exploring as to "how to break out of the box".

With the Combi 'Xtreme' and XWD this is finally possible and I'm thrilled about this. While going through other peoples' sites tonight I saw some nice ideas even though most of them are still static.

Most of the time spent to create a good website lies in the planning of the site, at the moment I'm still playing while learning
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 29 April 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg
    IP

Wink Re: Show us your sites!

Everyone goes through it. I remember when I learned how to attach a sound to a behavior in Dreamweaver 4, you couldn't go anywhere in one of my sites without a symphony of partially played sounds. That didn't last long thank goodness.

Art
    IP

Default My latest website (made with xara designer)

See what you think....

www.enterprise-tracker.com/grid

Cheers,

Dan
    IP