Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Remove the 50 pix cap!

Transparency tool....
    I'll have to investigate that... (thanks for the tip by the way).

To be honest im not so much concerned with "what's under the hood" of any particular tool (from a practical stand point) just that it "gets me there" and in a proper manner befitting a vector format.
    Scalability being my bugbear here.

I fully understand that the feather tool is designed to perform a certain task.
    But i also would say that by virtue of its innate friendliness, UI potency and the sheer predominance of this tool that people are going to tend to take to it FULLY... and leverage it to the maximum effect to which is possible, which is what i have done.

And also the fact that this same effect CAN be achieved via transparency to an unlimited degree also puts another "bee in my bonnet" as it means there is not even a technical reason why this limit need exist.

So in a way i'm a bit disappointed by this limitation as it cheapens Xara somewhat.
    There is ways around this as you say but it sounds allot more involved than dragging a slider...(that's what sold me on Xara... The convenience).
    So ultimately i'm never going to be satisfied with a more lengthy process.
    Although i do thank you for your information.

Ultimately i think like a software developer (even though I'm not one) and I have vicarious Utopian aspirations for xara (and also for much of what i take to heart) that will simply never die.

I wouldn't really expect to encounter feather problems either practically, but i none the less object to the 50 pix limit on "moral" grounds.
    i.e in that i see it as an inherent aberration due to its possible adverse effect on vector scalability.

From a UI perspective i can understand that employing a slider would necessitate limits to move through and from this perspective it makes sense...
    But with the new dimension introduced with UI object handles to control feathering (as i have already discussed) the amount of feather you can apply need not be limited by a number or extent of a UI device (slider). This feather zone could be thus dragged in and out from either its outer or inner periphery to a virtually unlimited extent.
    Making me happy and making Xara a fiercer product... that much more impressive.
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 29 April 2009 at 02:13 PM.
    IP