Now something about Xara Web Designer: I find it fun to work with and when I see the many postive reactions from others here at the forum, so do most here.

The program is so good, that it's actually quite easy to imagine it even better. Hence the many suggestions and feature requests, quite a few of which have already been implemented through Covoxer's tweaks (also called ‘drag-and-drop coding’ ).

I find it exciting to see how the developers try to put the technical part of web designing 'under the hood'. I am aware that some people are upset about this 'covering up' because -- as I understand it -- they see beauty and necessity in up-front, out-in-the-open coding and they present all sorts of arguments to make their point.

However interesting and valid these points may be, it seems that Xara’s WD development strategy aims to translate such issues into users-not-having-to-code solutions. That seems to be the challenge that Xara has set for itself and in doing so it evokes rather strong emotions: positive ones in those that finally see web designing becoming (more) accessible to them and negative ones in those who wish to continue to use coding as a/the main designing tool.